For The Camera | S.S.

(Italics are your thoughts)

You were hanging out in your apartment, watching the new season of Outer Banks when you got a call from your manager saying that she wanted to meet up for lunch because she has important news.

You said okay and got ready before heading out of your apartment and driving to the restaurant on your motorcycle. Once you got inside you saw your manager sitting with another woman.

"Uh, hi?" You said as you sat down in a chair.

"Finally. Now, we're just waiting on one person." Your manager smiled.

"Who?" You asked.

"Sorry I'm late. There was a little bit of traffic."

I know that voice. Why do I know that voice?

"Ah, Sadie. Perfect timing." The other woman said.

I know that name. Why do I know that name?

You slowly turned around and saw Sadie Sink standing next to you. She looked at you before sitting down next to you. You widened your eyes as you quickly turned your head forward.

"Now, girls, you're probably wondering why we invited you here." The other woman, who you assumed was Sadies manager, said.

"Since neither of you have any big projects coming up we're worried that your careers are gonna go down hill." Your manager continued. "So we've come up with a solution that you two start dating that way you get more popular."

"What?" You and Sadie asked at the same time, both in shock.

"It doesn't have to be real. You just have to act like a couple whenever you're in public." Sadies manager assured you two.

"Nuh-uh! I will not pretend to date... her!" Sadie said with a disgusted look.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" You asked as you looked at her.

"Girls, please... for the sake of your careers." Your manger exasperatedly said.

You and Sadie exchanged angry and disgusted looks before agreeing.

"Fine." You said.

"I'll do it but I won't like it." Sadie responded.

"Thank you. Now, you two are gonna sit here and have lunch and at least pretend to like each other." Sadies manager said before leaving with your manager.

"Whatever." Sadie replied before standing up and switching seats to sit across from you.

You two sat in silence for a few minutes before you spoke up. "So... how's your day?"

"Shut up." She bit back.

"Oh, come on. You're not still mad at me are you?" You asked with a slight smile.

"I dont know what you're talking about." Sadie told you as she started to play with a straw wrapper.

You scoffed. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Come on, Sades. We used to be best friends."

"Yeah, well, maybe you shouldn't have kissed my sister." Sadie fought back.

(Pretend Sadie has a sister thats closer to her age)

You rolled your eyes. "I told you that was an accident!"

Technically you weren't lying. You were at Sadies house for a party and you got wasted and accidentally kissed her sister.

Not because you wanted to but because... you thought it was her. You've liked Sadie ever since the two of you met and she liked you two so when she saw you kissing her sister she was heart broken.