Detention | M.M.

God, how you hated Max Mayfield. She's been a horrible person to you ever since she moved here, teasing you for everything you did even though you did nothing to her.

You walked into your math class just as the bell rang. Everybody got settled in their seats as you walked past your teachers desk to sit in your seat.

"Ms y/l/n." Your teacher, Mrs Santo, stopped you.

"Yes?" You said as you turned to face her.

"You're tank top doesn't pass the dress code." She told you.

You looked down at your tank top, letting out a small chuckle. "How?"

"The straps are too thin." Mrs Santo pointed to the straps on your shoulders.

You looked at the class noticing how everyone was staring at you, including Max who had her feet rested on her desk and a small smirk on her face. You looked back at your teacher.

"But Stacy's cheer outfit has thinner straps than my tank top." You told her.

"That's different. It's school spirit wear." She said to you.

"Seriously?" You laughed in disbelief.

Mrs Santo pulled out a slip of paper and wrote something down before handing it to you. "Go to the nurse and get another shirt. You have detention after school."

You took the slip of paper from her. "This is such bullshit."

"You just earned yourself another day of detention." Mrs Santo said before looking at the rest of the class. "Anybody else?"

The rest of the class was silent for a few seconds before Max stood up from her seat. You and the whole class looked at Max and watched as she walked to the front of the room.

Max looked at you and then at your teacher before she knocked a few books and papers off the desk. "Fuck."

"Alright, detention for you too Ms Mayfield." Mrs Santo told her.

Max nodded before she went to go sit back down in her chair. You stared at her in disbelief. 

You looked at your teacher before making your way out of the classroom to go to the nurses office. Right before you left the room, you made eye contact with Max and she winked at you.

You blushed and looked away from Max as you left the classroom and made your way to the nurses office.

...

When you walked into the detention room Max wasn't there yet but Mrs Santo was already sitting at her desk. She looked up from her papers and gave you a small smile.

"Have a seat, y/n." She told you as she gestured to all the chairs. "You can do your homework if you have any."

You nodded and walked over to a desk and sat down. You pulled out your homework and a pencil and got to work.

After a few minutes Max walked into the classroom. Mrs Santo told her she could sit anywhere but of course she had to sit right behind you.

"Okay, girls, I'm gonna head to the copy room. Stay here, i'll be right back." Mrs Santo told you and Max before leaving the room.

You focused back on your homework as Max just stared at the back of your head while she blew bubbles with her gum. You let out an annoyed sigh before putting your pencil down and turning around in your seat.

"Can you please stop that. Chew your gum like a normal person." You told her.

Max just looked at you as she blew another bubble and popped it. You clenched your jaw and turned back around to continue your homework.