First Day Of School | M.M.

It was late at night and you were tossing and turning around in your bed trying to fall asleep. Tomorrow was your first day of high school and you were extremely nervous about starting at a new school with new teachers.

You sighed before reaching over to grab your walkie talkie on the nightstand. You lifted up the antenna and pressed the talk button.

"Max?" You whispered. "Are you awake?"

You waited a few seconds but got no response.

"Max." You said again, dragging out the 'a'. "Maxie?"

"Yes?" Max finally answered.

"I can't sleep. I'm too nervous about tomorrow." You told her.

"Do you want me to come over?" Max asked.

"Do you mind?" You asked.

"Not at all. I'll be right over, baby." Max said.

"The window's already open." You informed her before turning off your walkie.

After about fifteen minutes, Max crawled through your window. You looked at her and watched as she climbed into your bed. She kissed you on the lips before plopping down right next to you.

"You need anything or do you just wanna cuddle?" Max asked.

"Cuddles." You answered.

Max wrapped her arms around you and pulled you closer to her. You let out a content sigh as you relaxed in her arms.

"I love you, Max." You softly said.

"I love you, too." Max kissed you before she put her hand up your shirt and rubbed your back.

...

The next morning, Max had gotten up early to make you breakfast. When she was done she went back up into your room to see that you were still asleep.

Max walked over to your bed and sat on the edge. She carefully moved a piece of hair out of your face, hoping it would wake you up. You opened your eyes and Max smiled as she stroked your cheek.

"I made you breakfast."  Max said.

You yawned and stretched before sitting up and staring at her. "Can't we just stay home? I don't want to go to school."

"I know. But i'll be with you the whole day." Max promised, trying to make you feel better.

"What if we have no classes together?" You asked.

"Then I'll pick you up from class and drop you off at your next class. And we can sit together at lunch." Max said.

"What'd you make for breakfast?" You asked.

Max smiled. "I made you bacon and pancakes with whipped cream."

You smiled. "That's my favorite."

"I know."

Max stood up from your bed and you stood up after her. You went into your closet and picked out some clothes.

"You want to borrow some clothes?" You asked Max.

"No I brought some over." Max replied.

You nodded and you both changed before going downstairs to eat the breakfast that Max made.

"Can you come over after school?" You asked Max as you sat down at the table with your breakfast.

"Sure." Max said as she sat across from you with her breakfast. "What do you wanna do?"