Song | S.S.

(Listen to Hey There, Delilah by Plain White T's)

You were sitting at your desk trying to write a song. You had no ideas for it and your label wanted the song done in two weeks. There were about five crumpled up papers around your desk of ideas that you had but weren't good enough.

Your phone rang next to you and you saw that it was Sadie facetiming you. She was in New York filming a movie while you were stuck in LA working on your album. You answered her call and leaned your phone on a book.

"Hi, Sadie." You said.

"Hey, baby. How are you?" Sadie smiled.

"I'm good. How's filming?" You asked.

"Great. I miss you though." She pouted.

"I miss you too." You told her.

"Did you finish your album?" Sadie wondered.

"No. I need to write one more song but I have no ideas." You explained.

"Oh. Well, just write what's on your mind." She smiled and you nodded. "I gotta go. Good luck with the song."

"Thanks. I love you."

"I love you, too." She replied before hanging up.

After she hung up you thought about what she said.

Write what's on your mind.

The only thing you have been thinking about was how much you miss Sadie.

You got a new piece of paper and starting writing stuff down. Soon enough the words just came pouring out.

Once you finished writing the song you had to come up with the melody. You wanted it to be a slow song so you picked up your guitar and starting to find a melody.

After that, you sang the words with the melody and it came out pretty well. You sent the finished product to your label and they weren't sure if people would enjoy it.

You asked if you could sing it on a live stream to see if people liked it and they said sure.

...

The next day you set your phone up so that you could start the live stream. As soon as you started it, people joined instantly.

You picked up your guitar and put the strap over your shoulder. You held it over your knee as you looked at your phone screen.

"Hey, guys. So I wrote a song about my girlfriend, Sadie, and my label wont let me release it until they're sure that people would listen to it so I'm gonna play it for you guys right now." You smiled.

You read the comments and people seemed very excited to hear it. You were a little nervous just in case they didn't like it.

You put your fingers on the strings and started to play and sing.

"Hey there, Sadie, what's it like in New York city? I'm a thousand miles away but, girl, tonight you look so pretty. Yes, you do. Time square can't shine as bright as you. I swear, it's true." You sang.

You were afraid to see what people were saying so you just kept your gaze on your guitar.

"Hey there, Sadie, don't you worry about the distance. I'm right there if you get lonely. Give this song another listen. Close your eyes. Listen to my voice, it's my disguise. I'm by your side." You continued to sang.

y/nlaugh: she has the voice of an angle

mxrone: its so cute that she wrote a song for Sadie

"Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. What you do to me. Hey there, Sadie, I know times are gettin' hard, but just believe me, girl someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar we'll have it good. We'll have the life we knew we would. My word is good."

You didn't expect Sadie to be watching the live stream. But she was...

"Hey there, Sadie, I've got so much left to say. If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away I'd write it all. Even more in love with me you'd fall. We'd have it all. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me." You sang.

You took a quick glance at all the comments and it seemed as if people were loving it.

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars. I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us and we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way. Sadie, I can promise you that by the time we get through the world will never ever be the same and you're to blame."

y/s/nissuperior: DROP THIS SONG RN

"Hey there, Sadie, you be good, and don't you miss me. Few more months and you'll be done with filming and I'll be makin' history like I do. You'll know it's all because of you. We can do whatever we want to. Hey there, Sadie, here's to you. This ones for you. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me. What you do to me. Oh, whoa, whoa. Oh whoa, oh. Oh, oh."

As the song came to an end, you looked at all the comments.

People love it.

A big smile grew on your face. "I guess I'm dropping the song."

You ended the live stream and apparently your label saw that people loved it so they agreed to put it on the album.

Right now you were laying in bed when you got a FaceTime call from Sadie. You answered it and immediately noticed the big smile on her face.

"Hi, baby." You smiled.

"When I said to write whats on your mind, I didn't mean to write about me." She told you.

"You didn't like the song?" You asked.

"No, I loved it!" Sadie exclaimed.

"Good. As soon as I started writing it, I couldn't stop." You smiled.

"I wish I could be with you right now." Sadie told you with a pout.

"I know. But since I finished my album I can come visit you." You said.

"Really?!"

"Mhm."

You spent the next hour and a half FaceTiming with Sadie before she had to go back to filming.

"I have to go. Thanks again for writing that song for me." Sadie smiled.

"Of course." You smiled back at her.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you, too." You replied.

She blew you a kiss before hanging up.