Chapter 10: Formality

Allison watched as Kate dialed down the current at a control board

The static buzz faded allowing Derek and Amelia to collapse back against the restraints.

Still transformed, Derek gasps weakly.

Barely breathing himself, Allison keeps her distance "What is he?"

"Shape - shifter. Lycan. Werewolf. To me he's just another dumb animal. Come here. See these right here? These are canines, also known as fangs. Made for the tearing and rending of flesh. Not something you'd find on those cute little leaf - eating herbivores, is it?" Kate explained to her terrified niece.

"Is this a joke to you?" Allison asked her in a shaking voice.

"Sweetheart, there are werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?" Kate asked as she dropped Derek's jaw making his head fall a bit.

Amelia growled loudly in rage, making Allison to flinched "Sane people don't do the things that you did you fucking bitch!"

Kate smirked at the furious girl before she walked towards her "See now this one. This one's different." She told her niece.

"What are you doing with her? Are you gonna kill her?" Allison asked shakily, worried about her friend.

"Well in time. She a monster after all, she is actually the last of her kind, the most powerful, and the most dangerous of course." Kate explained her.

"What is she?" Allison asked her aunt.

"There's many names for her, many variations as to what she is. But they just call her 'Est Albus Lupus' the White Wolf. The legends says that her kind are the protectors of the pack, they have the power to heal and they fight to protect the pack... and to protect her mate also... mates are very protective of each other."

At the last sentence Amelia growled furiously at Kate, she tried to attack her but the restraint were holding her back, making Kate to smirk at the girl.

"Mate?" Allison asked.

"Her kind have soulmates out there. Her soulmate is just a regular werewolf, but once they complete the process, he turns like her... Big as a horse and stronger and faster than a bear, a true monster like her." Kate then moved her hair aside to see the mark she have from her mate.