Chapter 65: Required reading

"My mom's book club usually has more wine

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said as they all sat around the coffee table in the McCall household, looking at all the prints of the book.

"Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations..." Stiles trailed off slightly.

"That's why Malia's here." Scott said.

"So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira asked.

Amelia nodded "Or worse, which is why, we're here." She said and pointed at herself and Zander.

Malia nodded "Like what happened to Judy." She said making everyone look at her confused "Chapter fourteen."

Theo looked at the mate couple "You're not gonna read it?" He asked them.

They looked at him like he was stupid.

"Incase you don't know, you idiot. We have to look after this pack and I have cousins to look after. So no, we're not reading the book." Amelia snarled at him.

Theo glared at her, but quickly averted his gaze when Zander glared at him.

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." Lydia said as she picked up the book.

Zander nodded "If it works."

Lydia sighed softly "It has to." She said making them look at her confused.

"What does that mean?"

"I think I saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..." Lydia said before trailing off slightly.

"A memory trying to surface." Theo said making them all look at him.

Lydia nodded "Yeah."

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked and they all nodded,

"If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia said.

 A little while later, Scott and Kira were sitting on the couch, Lydia sat on a loveseat across from the couch, while Theo sat on an armchair next to her