Chapter 15: Abomination

"They're on their way back

"They're on their way back. So we don't have much time to talk." Deaton talked quickly, as he was looking through his drawers.

Scott and Amelia both were leaning against one of the tables, Scott had his shirt up to show his wound to Deaton.

Dousing a cotton ball, he reaches for Scott's wound "What is that?"

"Rubbing alcohol. You don't wait to get infected, do you?" Deaton asked him and Scott shook his hand.

Scott took a breath of relief as Deaton hurries to clean and bandage the wound.

"You'll heal the same. Just not as quickly because of Derek." Deaton explained him.

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how do you know anything?" Scott asked and Deaton shook his head slightly.

"That's a longer story. What I can tell you is I know about your kind. Your kind and Lia's I can help. This..." He said as he lifted the sheet from a man's torso to reveal numerous and bloody slash wounds on the body "This is something different."

"That's one of Argent's hunters right?" Amelia asked him.

Deaton nodded "Do you know what did it?" Scott asked.

"No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part. They'll have some kind of record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations of all the things they've discovered." Deaton explained to him, making Scott look at him wide eyes.

"All of the things? How many different things are there?" Scott asked them with wide eyes.

Amelia and Deaton glanced at each other with an amused look, but before they could answer, the sound of tires on gravel turn made them turn their heads toward the waiting area.

Amelia quickly grabbed Scott and pulled him into one of the other rooms.

A gloved hand pushed open the front door.

Boots tracking dirt across the cement floor, Chris walked in followed by two hunters.

They turned the corner and found Deaton standing alone behind the body on the table.

"I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent Closed sign." Deaton said in annoyance with his back towards them.

Gerard then stepped out from behind Chris and his men.

Deaton watched the man slip on a pair of glasses to look over the hunter's corpse.

"Hello Alan." Gerard greated him with a smirk on his face.

Just by hearing his voice, Amelia's rage flared and her eyes glowed silver as she growled lowly and she went for the door handle, but Scott quickly grabbed her hand making her glare at him and he shook his head at her.

"It's been a while. The last I heard you'd retired." Gerard said smuggly.

Deaton raised his eyebrows slightly "Last I heard you followed a code of conduct." He told him, with a bit of anger in his voice.