Chapter 39: Illuminated

Zander was sitting in-between Scott and Stiles on the couch in the Sheriff's Office

Stilinski and Rafael standing in front of them.

"So when did you get there?" Rafael asked the three of them.

"At the same time." Stiles answered.

"At the same time as who?" Rafael asked them.

"At the same time as me." Scott answered, pointing at himself.

Zander raised his hand slightly, "And me."

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked.

"That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?"

"I think he's asking me."

"I think he's asking all of you." Amelia said slightly annoyed from where she sat next to Lydia.

Lydia called her brunette friend after they got at the police station.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." Rafael said then stopped when he realised his mistake.

Zander chuckled quietly, raising his eyebrows at him as he sighed.

"Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right."

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" He asked.

Stiles shrugged nonchalantly "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles said winking at his dad who snorted then covered it up with a cough.

"Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man."

"What were the two of you doing?" Rafael asked his son and Kira.

"Eating pizza." "Eating sushi."

"Eating sushi." "Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi and pizza." They said together slowly.

"And what were you doing?" Rafael asked looking at Zander.

He sighed, "I was with my girlfriend, her brother and good for nothing uncle." He said and he nodded slowly.

"You believe this?" Rafael asked, turning to Stilinski.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak."