Chapter 57: Monstrous

Brett Talbot and his little sister Lori were running through the rain at Beacon Hills High School pursued by assassins with crossbows

"Come on. Run! Run!" He gets hit in the back with an arrow, he yelps then turns to Lori.

"Go!" Brett yelled at her.

Brett fights off assassins then he saw Lori running towards the lacrosse field.

"Wait, wait! Lori, stop!" Brett screamed.

They run onto the lacrosse field and the banks of overhead lights begin to come on one by one.

"Brett... Brett, what's happening?" Lori asked scared.

Just then, several red laser sites find Brett.

"Close your eyes." Brett told her, Lori does as he says and closes her eyes.

Just as one of the arrow flew towards him, a hand came in front of him and grabbed the arrow.

Brett opened his eyes and breathed out in relief when he saw his cousin.

Her eyes were glowing silver and her claws and fangs were out.

Kira and Zander showed up from behind her "Run!" Kira yelled at them.

Amelia quickly grabbed Brett and Lori and they and Zander ran, while Kira covers their escape by deflecting arrow after arrow.

"Actually, I think I found all of them..." Kira trailed off as she led Scott into the back room of the clinic to see Satomi, her pack and Amelia and Zander standing around.

"Satomi, this is who I was telling you about." Kira said and Satomi turned around and smiled.

"I know who Scott McCall is, just as I know who Amelia Hale and Zander Steiner are." She said making Scott look at her both shocked and confused.

"Are we safe here?" Lori asked and Amelia placed a gentle, comforting hand on her little cousin's shoulder as Scott looked around at all the pack members, some were hurt, but all were scared.