Chapter 44: The fox and the wolf

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit." Jordan said, holding up Chris's stun baton.

"I only use it for hunting." Chris told him matter of factly.

Derek gave him a hilariously exasperated look at this comment, and Chris couldn't help but roll his eyes in response.

Zander and Amelia snickered quietly.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jumpstart a 747." Jordan said.

Chris squinted at him, "This property belongs to me, and the charges were dropped. Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that." He said looking over at Derek, Amelia and Zander.

"I am." Stilinski said walking up to them, "I'll take care of this, Parrish." He said.

"Stilinski, I'm not kidding- this thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber." Jordan said leaning over to Stilinski.

"I said I'll take care of it." Stilinski said taking the stun baton.

Stilinski gestured for them to follow him and lead them into his office.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit-- 'We can't say for sure.' And then, I spoke with Melissa." He said then pulled out sole scans, "These are brain scans--my wife's, and Stiles's. I knew they were similar, but those are the same. Exactly the same." He explained to them as he handed them over the brain scans.

Amelia grabbed them and lined them up making them match up perfectly.

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible?" Derek asked him in confusion.

Stilinski shook his head, "Not even remotely." He said.

"It's not possible. When a child inherits a disease from a family member, in that case his mother. The child have similar symptoms, but not identical." Amelia explained them and Stilinski nodded.

"So, the trickster is still playing tricks." Chris said.

Derek glanced over at him, "But why this trick?"

"Because it's something sensitive to both you and Stiles." Zander said.

Stilinski nodded, "When I was in the Army, an officer told me 'If you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage-- you take away their hope.'" He said.

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Chris told him.

Amelia sighed "Stiles might. The Nogitsune is using this disease as some sort of psychological trick, so then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind." She told them sadly.

Stilinski nodded "My thoughts exactly."

"You know, he's left people severely injured." Chris said.

"And others severely dead." Derek said making Amelia sigh and give him a look.