Chapter 69: Status asthmaticus

"What do you mean, No?" Liam asked as he walked up to Scott

"Liam, look at her. She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it's actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her." Scott said as they glanced back at Hayden.

"It saved mine." Liam told him in anger.

Scott shook his head "You know that was different. You were hanging off a ledge."

Liam glared at him "You promised. You said you'd do everything you could."

Scott sigh softly "Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her." He said before his breathing started to wheeze slightly.

Amelia started breathing heavily too, and she leaned against Brett, as he hold her up.

Zander also started breathing heavily, but he was slightly better.

"There has to be...." Scott tried to say as he started breathing heavily "There has to..." He said in a slight whisper.

Zander quickly started digging through his bag for an inhaler, but Theo beat him to it as he pulled one out of his pocket.

"Scott!" Theo said, making Scott look at him as he tossed him the inhaler, Scott quickly shook it before taking a puff and a deep breath.

Amelia also took a deep breath and leaned against Brett in relief.

"You okay Lia?" Brett asked her, and she nodded before she looked towards Zander who also nodded.

"There's another way to save her." Scott said as Hayden started breathing heavily in pain again.

"Guys."

Theo called out making them look at him.

"I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a Werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something."

Hayden now laid on a metal table as Melissa set stuff up while everyone stood around them

"What's that?" Liam asked as Melissa pulled out a couple bags from a cooler.