Chapter 71: Damnatio memoriae

"This is from the relay station's security camera

"This is from the relay station's security camera." Jordan said before handing Scott his phone.

Derek looked over Scott's shoulder the video, and their eyes widen as they watched a beast like creature, bust out from the building and run after Hayden and Liam in the woods.

"That looked big." Scott said nervously.

Jordan nodded, "And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it." He said.

Derek noticed the look on Scott's face and he squinted his eyes at the boy "You know what it is don't you?"

"The last Chimera." Scott said as he looked back at the building.

Jordan lead the two inside the relay station, and they walk down the steps until they get to the ground floor where they find the space completely wrecked.

Power cables have been ripped apart and were showering sparks onto the floor, and equipment and cabinets of all kinds have been smashed or knocked over.

Derek glanced around for a moment before noticing the puddle of blood and water on the floor near the wall where the technician was killed the previous night and crouched next to it before turning back to Jordan.

"Do you still carry a blacklight?" He asked and Jordan nodded and took the small UV light from his utility belt before handing it over to Derek.

Derek turned it on and shined it over the bloody puddle, revealing dark shadows of modified mercury before nodded slightly and glancing back at them.

"Mercury means Chimera." Derek pointed out.

Jordan furrowed his brows "But what was it doing here? Why come here and kill some random communications tech?" He asked and Derek shrugged as he stood up.

"It might just like killing for the fun if it. Maybe it's just what it does." Derek said.

Jordan's eyes widen slightly "...That's terrifying."

"How many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?" Scott asked.

"Everyone." Jordan answered him.

" Jordan answered him