Chapter 30: Currents

"Good morning! As you all know, Mr

"Good morning! As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing- I mean sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?" Jennifer said before flipping pages in a book.

As she does this Stiles tapped his table to get Scott's attention as he leaned over to Amelia and Zander.

"Hey, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation- they just don't know how." Stiles said as Amelia turned to them.

"Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive?" Scott asked.

"Scott, there's got to be at least twenty other doctors in that hospital at least, you know? Any one of them could be next." Zander said.

Before Scott could say anything his phone buzzes making him pull it out to see Deaton calling him.

Sliding down in his seat to be inconspicuous, Scott answers the phone, "Hey Doc. Sorry, I'm in class right now- can I call you back later?"

"Unfortunately, no... I honestly thought I might never have to burden you like this, but I'm afraid, at the moment, you're my only hope. I'm going to be taken. I need you to find me."

Amelia and Zander looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Doc. Doc, doc, doc- what's happening?" He asked but the line went dead, a dial tone blaring back at him making him sit back up to look at Stiles, Zander and Amelia, whose eyes were wide.

 Doc, doc, doc- what's happening?" He asked but the line went dead, a dial tone blaring back at him making him sit back up to look at Stiles, Zander and Amelia, whose eyes were wide

While his Deputies scour the clinic for clues, Stilinski tried to comfort Scott with Stiles, Amelia and Zander by his side.

"All right, we're doing everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school." Stilinski said as he rested a hand on Scott's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze and then stepped out to the waiting area.

Scott throws his friend a look, gesturing for them to follow into the cage room where they'll be out of earshot.

"We have to tell him." Scott said.