Chapter 19: Raving

Scott unlocked the front door to the animal clinic as Derek, Isaac and Amelia walked in

"What's he doing here?" Scott asked nodding towards Isaac as they walked in.

"I need him." Derek said in annoyance.

"I don't trust him." Scott pointed out with a glare.

Isaac shrugged slightly "Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you, either." He said and Amelia rolled her eyes.

"And Derek and me doesn't really care. Now where's Deaton and is he going to help us or not?" She snapped at them.

"That depends."

They turned to see Deaton leaning against the door way of the examination room watching them.

"Your friend Jackson. Are we planning to kill him? Or save him?"

"Save him./Kill him." Both Scott and Derek said at the same time.

"Save him." Scott said glaring at Derek before look back at Deaton "Save him."

Deaton pulled out a tray with a bunch if hard that had different celtic symbols on the lids.

Isaac went to grab one, but Amelia grabbed his hand to stop him making him look at her.

"Don't touch anything." She warned him.

"So, what are you, some kind of witch?" Isaac asked as he leaned his elbows against the table making Deaton look at him.

"No. I'm a veterinarian." He said and Isaac nodded slightly as his mouth formed an 'O' shape. "And unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." Deaton said.

"We're open to suggestions." Derek told him as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Isaac furrowed his brows slightly "What about an effective offense?" He asked them.

Derek shook her head "We already tried- I nearly took it's head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up." He pointed out and Deaton furrowed his brows.

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" He asked them, Derek and Amelia glanced at each other.

"Well, one- it can't swim." She said.

"Does that go for Jackson as well?" Deaton asked them.

Scott shook his head "No. He's the captain of the swim team." He said.

Deaton thought for a moment before pulling out a new item from the drawer.

An old, scratched steel pendant.

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people- a puppet, and a puppeteer." He said.

He placed the odd piece on the table.