Chapter 49: 117

"Wow

"Wow..." Deaton said as Scott and Zander carried a young Derek Hale into the clinic, setting him on the table.

"'Wow?' Wow, as in'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' -kind of 'wow?' Cause that's the kind we were hoping for.." Stiles said dramatically.

Deaton looked over at him "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"What? You don't know what's wrong with him?" Amelia asked him irritated.

She had a good reason to be angry.

Her brother is 17 years old because of the woman who set on fire their family.

"He's cold, really cold." Lydia said as she held onto his hand.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked.

Deaton sighed "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So, what do we do with him?" Zander asked him.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with us. He'll be safe here." Deaton said.

"You mean, from Kate?" Stiles asked.

Deaton nodded "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asked.

Amelia growled "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." She said looking down at her brother.

"And bad for everyone else." Zander finished.

"You quys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger... So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton said.

"Someone should stay with you." Scott said.

"Well, I'm not moving from here." Amelia said, still looking at Derek.

"I'll stay too." Lydia said making them all look over at her "My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes."

Stiles shook his head "I'm so not okay with this-"

"Guys go."

"No."

Amelia gave Scott and Zander a look and nodded her head at Stiles.

Scott nodded, knowing what she was getting at.

"Text us if anything happens." He said walking over to Stiles.

"Nope! Still not okay with it. Not going anywhere." Stiles said and Scott and Zander grabbed him and started pulling him to the door "All right, just 'cause you're stronger."