Chapter 59: Smoke and mirrors

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked, as Braeden got out of the van after pulling up next to them

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden told him matter of factly.

Amelia chuckle and Stiles pursed his lips.

"Yeah, I thought that was just a cover." He said as Derek and Peter pulled up.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked gesturing at Liam, who came to stand in between Zander and Amelia.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles asked pointing at Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And, considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter explained.

Malia look at him confused. "What's that mean?"

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter asked them.

Liam looked confused "What, she wants to make him younger?" He asked.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a Werewolf." Derek answered.

"A Werewolf can't steal a True Alpha's power. But, maybe a Nagual Jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her...? Maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." Peter explained and Amelia shook her head.

"We can't - not without Lydia." She said making them look over at her.

"Where is she?" Derek asked his sister.

"The school." She answered, before walking over to the side to call Lydia.

"What's she doing at the school, anyway?" Derek asked.

Malia lifted Kira's sword "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."

"Nothing..." Amelia sighed, walking back over.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden said.

Peter pointing at her "That's a good point. We'll call her from the road."

Zander slightly glare at him.

Since when is he so willing or anxious to help Scott?

"No, what if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Amelia said worriedly.

Peter sigh in annoyance "Fine. You stay- you find her. We're going on without you." He said walking over to the car, as she glared at him.

"I could call Mason. He has a study group at the school Maybe he could look for her?" Liam said.

Stiles nodded and sighed, "All right. Fine." He said and walked over Malia while everyone else went to the cars.

"I'll call Brett and ask him to go and look for Lydia." Amelia said, before walking away to call her cousin.