Chapter 92: Face-to-faceless

"They were murdered Killed by the new Hunter in Beacon Hills

"They were murdered Killed by the new Hunter in Beacon Hills. You know, when he took out the Hellhound, we thought it was just luck. That we were dealing with an amateur. But now we know that whomever this new Hunter is, he has a teacher." Scott explained as, he, Lydia, Malia and Chris were in Argent's bunker.

Brett's broken and bloody lacrosse stick sat on the table in front of them.

"Gerard. Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go." Chris sighted.

Lydia shook her head, "You couldn't have done anything." She said.

"He could've killed him. Maybe if he did or if he let Lia kill him last year, Brett and Lori were going to be alive and Zander was going to be here with us." Malia told them.

Lydia shot Malia a look making her eyes widen slightly.

"Just saying.." Malia said.

"We're not executioners." Lydia told them sadly.

"You are when it comes to war." Malia told them.

Scott nodded slightly "That's why we're gonna make peace."

Lydia lifted her brows and looked at him in shock "With Gerard?"

"Lydia, you know what's coming. We all keep using the same word." Scott said.

Chris nodded, "War." He said making them look at him.

"So what stops a war from happening?" Malia asked.

"A peace summit." Chris said.

Scott nodded "Right. We meet face-to-face with Gerard, find out what he wants, and then we stop all this before it gets any worse."

"Last time Gerard was at a peace meeting was with Deucalion. Where he proceeded to blind him and then killed everybody else, including his own men!" Lydia told him.

"I'll go. We know he's not going to kill me." Chris told them.

"You sure about that?" Malia asked him.

"Not really." Chris sighted softly and shrugged.

"All we need is to find out what he wants- then we can bargain." Scott said.

Chris nodded slightly "Even if he does agree, his terms might be difficult to meet."

Scott shook his head. "Well, that's why it's a negotiation. I don't expect to get anything without giving something up."

"Then you're gonna have to figure out just how much you're willing to give, and how far you're willing to go to stop a war." Chris advised him.

Scott nodded his head "I think I should talk to Lia about this-"

Malia instantly shook her head "No Scott that's it's not a good idea." She interrupted him as she looked at him with wide eyes.

Scott looked at her in confusion "Why?"