Chapter 14: Ice pick

Amelia was standing near Stiles and Lydia in PE, watching Scott and Allison climb up the rock climbing wall

Suddenly Allison kicked Scott's foot making him fall off to the mat with a groan making everyone laugh.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." Coach said leaning down to Scott before standing back up, looking at his clipboard "All right, next two. Stilinski. Erica. Let's go!"

Stiles stepped alongside Erica Reyes, a girl whose nerves look as frayed as her hair.

While Stiles quickly climbed the rock wall, Erica was slowly dragging her out-of-shape body up.

A moment later Stiles landed back down on the mat while everyone else was looking up to Erica, pinned on the wall, not moving.

"Erica? You okay? Dizzy? Vertigo?" Coach called out.

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out." Lydia pointed out in annoyance.

"Erica!" Coach called out.

"I'm fine." She called back weakly.

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Amelia said making Coach look at her wide-eyed before looking back up.

"Why the hell doesn't anyone tell me these things? Erica, you're good. Push off. I'll ease you down."

But now she won't move at all, eyes squeezing shut in fear.

Closing her eyes, Erica finally pulled off.

She swings out, hands grasping desperately for the safety line.

Coach grappled with the cord, managing to ease her down before helping her out of the harness.

She slowly turned to face the stares, some with pity in their eyes.

"That's it, Erica. Shake it off." Coach said and a few kids snicker, as she walked away.

Amelia was standing by Allison in the girls locker room

"How are you Lia?" Allison asked her best friend.