Chapter 55: Time of death

"Is three enough?" Kira asked as she, Scott, Stiles, Amelia, Zander and Liam stood around the table with three laptops in front of them

"Depends on how many cameras they have... But I think so." Stiles said.

Liam looked up at everyone, "Are we really doing this?"

"We're doing it- tonight." Scott said, nodding, making Liam sigh slightly.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked worriedly.

Amelia nodded "It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." She said

"Have you guys done something like this before?" He asked.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Zander asked him with a smirk.

"I think it's a 'yes' to both..." Kira said, making Liam look at her and take a deep breath.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." Scott said.

Liam look over at him "I'm not scared!"

"Then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles said as he patted his shoulder.

"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Amelia asked.

Kira sighed "How do we know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott said.

Zander nodded "Simon said the same thing- he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So, the idea is... What if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott said.

Kira nodded "You don't get paid." She said.

"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asked, glancing at all of them.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott said.

Stiles nodded "Especially if it's someone high on the list." He said.

Liam raised his eyebrows slightly "So, if he wants visual confirmation...

"He's going to have to come himself."

Suddenly the doorbell rang, making everyone look eachother, Scott walked up to the door to opened it.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the person on the door.

"I heard you guys are about to do something idiotic so I decided to come." Brett said and walked in.

Amelia looked at her cousin in confusion "Brett why are you here?"

"Come on Lia, you're about to do something idiotic and dangerous, you really think i wouldn't come to help you guys?" He asked her.