Chapter 97: Broken glass

At the armory Monroe had gathered all of the Hunters, as they watched Monroe torture Ethan and Zander Steiner

The Steiner brothers were bound to a metal gate where they were being electrocuted.

When Ethan first saw his brother there, he couldn't believe it in his eyes.

Zander looked exhausted, covered in blood and wounds all over his body. 

They were giving him mistletoe so they could weakened his connection with Amelia.

Ethan and Zander, both had their fangs out, they were looking exhausted and were in agony, as they were trying to catch their breath when the shock subsides, their faces were covered in blood from their time in captivity.

Another surge of electricity courses through them and they both screamed.

Monroe dramatically steped out of the shadows as she begins her speech.

"Take a good look. We keep that current of electricity coursing through them because otherwise, they'd break through their bindings. Because otherwise, they'd break free and kill us." She started explaining while talking loudly.

Monroe walked to the front of the crowd, near Sydney, Gabe and Nolan among several dozens of others.

She stopped when she was less than a foot away from Ethan and looked him in the eyes with a sneer.

Ethan was not impressed and growled back at her. "I'd start with you."

As if in response, Monroe starts to electrocute the Steiner brothers again causing them to roar in pain.

Monroe turns her back to Ethan and Zander so she can face the crowd, her distraction giving them a few moments of relief from the electricity.

"The people who came before us used arrows and crossbows to fight them." Monroe holds up a simple arrow to emphasize her point. "This is all they had to protect themselves-- a sliver of wood,"

She then turned toward Zander, who was glaring at her with glowing silver eyes, she grabbed his face making him growl at her.

"While he has claws that can cut into bone, and fangs to tear us apart! He's stronger, faster, and his ability to heal can only be described as extraordinary."

Monroe lets go of Zander, before scanning the crowd, finally stopping when she saw Sydney.

She points at her with the arrow in her hand "You."

Sydney looked around before realizing that Monroe was talking to her, a realization that causes her to become somewhat shy and uncomfortable "What's your name?"

"Sydney..."

Monroe walks closer to Sydney to talked to her. In the background, Nolan was looking anxious and twitchy.