𝑭𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒂🏵

𐙚❁𐙚

𐙚❁𐙚

Scene: Ms. Moreau's Flower Shop.

Gloria exits with her mother following after her.

"Now, remember, take those flowers straight to Ms. Pettigrew," Mrs. Moreau told her daughter.

The flowers Gloria is holding are gorgeous and full of vibrant colors. The roses have a deep red hue, the carnations are a shade of pastel yellow, the chrysanthemums are a light pink, and the greenery that surrounds the flowers is lush and full. The arrangement of flowers is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also symbolic of hope and rebirth.

"Don't worry, mama. I'll go right to her house," Gloria places the flowers in the back of the cart on a bicycle.

"That poor woman. She would've came to get those flowers herself if she hadn't called in and told me her hip has been acting up all day," Mrs. Moreau frowns.

Gloria dawned a look of empathy for her mother's customer. She gets onto the bike and puts on her helmet. "I'll say hi to her for you,"

Mrs. Moreau nods and waves at her daughter as she rides off.

𐙚❁𐙚

Gloria pedaled the bicycle down the street, the flowers in the back are wrapped in newspaper to keep them safe and from flying out the cart.

The bike ride was fairly quick due since Ms. Pettigrew did not live too far away. After a few minutes, Gloria arrives at Ms. Pettigrew's home and parks the bike.

She approaches the front door with the flowers and knocks. "Ms. Pettigrew, it's Gloria! I've come to deliver your flowers!"

The door opens, and Ms. Pettigrew smiles at her. "Hello, dear,"

Ms. Pettigrew was an elderly woman with grey hair, wrinkled skin, and a pair of round glasses perched atop her nose. She was also short and stooped over a cane.

Despite her age and condition, Ms. Pettigrew had a warm smile and friendly grey eyes. She welcomed Gloria into her home with open arms and took the flowers she had been delivered with great appreciation.

"Do you need help putting them into a vase? I don't want you moving around too much because of your hip," Gloria says.

"Oh, Gloria, dear, thank you, but I'm alright," Ms. Pettigrew smiles sweetly. She begins hobbling around the living room, looking for a vase. "Now where did I put that vase? I'm always moving it!"

Gloria spots a picture on a table by a lamp and walks over, examining it.

The picture is of a young Ms. Pettigrew and her husband in their wedding attire. It appears to have been taken many years ago with a black-and-white photography.

Gloria glances back over her shoulder to see that Ms. Pettigrew has put arrangement of flowers in the vase she found.

"You look so beautiful in this picture, Ms. Pettigrew," Gloria spoke up, looking back at the picture.