𝑺𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝑫𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆💐

⋆˚✿˖°₊˚⊹♡❀˖°

⋆˚✿˖°₊˚⊹♡❀˖°

Scene: Dupain-Cheng Residence. Marinette's Room.

Marinette is by her desk reading the recent post Gloria wrote on her Critique Blog of her alter ego, Ladybug.

"Two days ago, in the Grand Paris Hotel, a villain appeared known as Kung Food. Cat Noir and Ladybug had arrived to help, but Fleur wasn't with them. I encountered them in the lobby. While Cat Noir was polite and professional, Ladybug was extremely rude and unprofessional!" The blue-haired creep's frowns, but keeps reading. "While they were fighting a controlled ally of Kung Food, my dog, Rocky, had jumped in to help. Naturally, I helped as well, and I defeated the villain! Cat Noir thought it was awesome, but Ladybug said she didn't need my help and she and Cat Noir had everything under control,"

"I didn't say that!" Marinette lies to herself.

"But you did, Marinette," Tikki counters.

Marinette huffs and continues reading. "Later on, the heroes and I encountered another mind controlled ally of Kung Food. I helped out, but I could tell Ladybug was annoyed. Then, in the hotel restaurant, we were faced with two more controlled victims. I had grabbed two oil dispensers from the kitchen and sprayed it all over the victims to defeat them and stop from attacking Cat Noir and Ladybug, and it worked! However, Ladybug finally exploded."

Marinette scoffed. "I didn't explode!"

"Yes, you did, Marinette. You were being very harsh to Gloria," Tikki retorts.

"No I wasn't, I-" Marinette pauses. "Okay, maybe I was a little harsh with her in the beginning, but I had a good reason to be," She frowns, thinking back to when Gloria kept getting in the way when her Uncle turned into Kung Food. "Well, I did have a good reason!" She repeats in an argumentative tone, it was more insecure and unsure, as though she was trying to convince herself.

Tikki rolls her eyes. "Just keep reading,"

Marinette huffs and continues reading.

"Ladybug yelled at me and told me she and Cat Noir didn't need my help. She told me to stop being a distraction and getting in the way. Then, when my dog growled at her for being rude, she called him rabid! I immediately came to Rocky's defense and I told her that I'd be writing all about her unprofessional behavior on my Critique Blog. But it doesn't stop there,"

Marinette becomes confused. "It doesn't stop there? What could she possibly have more to write about?"

"Keep reading and you'll find out," Tikki says.