Remus Lupin: Moony

You were in your 3rd year when you became infatuated with Remus Lupin

You were in your 3rd year when you became infatuated with Remus Lupin. He was different from all of the other boys who surrounded you. He was polite, shy and the sweetest boy you'd ever met. It shocked you to find out he was a marauder because he was the opposite of Sirius, James and Peter, who loved pulling pranks on unsuspecting victims.

You were in your fifth year now, 16 years of age. You'd been extremely close with Remus for 3 years but you still weren't in a relationship. He always seemed eager and willing to date you but never asked you out for some reason.

Once every month Remus would disappear with the rest of the marauders, when you asked him about it he said that it was a guys night so the boys would go out and have some fun, you believed him, why wouldn't you?

You would never see Remus after the night out, you assumed he just couldn't hold his liquor and would be suffering with a dreadful hangover. When you did see him he would usually have a few cuts and bruises which James said was because he wasn't steady on his feet after a few drinks.

You hadn't seen Remus the night before because it was boys night so you couldn't wait to see him today. You saw Sirius stood with James by the boys bathroom so you approached them.

"How was it last night?" You asked smiling at the boys.
James smiled. "Oh uh-" Sirius spoke next. "Good fun as usual!" He said giving you a smile. "Did anyone get into too much trouble?" You asked smirking at the two trouble makers. That's when Remus exited the bathroom.

What you saw horrified you.
"Oh my god!" You said going closer to him. Remus had a large gash going across his bottom lip and cuts all across his face with a few bruises spotted everywhere

"Who did this to you?" You said examining his face. Remus just offered you a smile that clearly hurt. "I just had a fall," he said not wanting to worry you but you knew when he was lying.

"Bullshit!" Remus had never heard you curse before, in fact none of the marauders had.
"Somebody did this to you Remus, I'm not stupid." You said getting cross.

You turned to the two boys stood behind you. "Why did you let this happen?" You snapped at them but they didn't have a reply.

"They did everything they could," Remus said, he was obviously tired, they all were.
"Bollocks!" You spat out. "They're perfectly fine!" You're blood boiled at the sight in front of you.

"Y/N-" James was going to make up an excuse but Remus just shook his head.
"There's something I need to tell you," Remus spoke quietly as if he was upset.
"Moony you don't have to-" Sirius was cut off. "Yes I do, come with me." Remus said and you followed him back to his room.

Remus shut the door behind him.
"Y/N-" he didn't know how to say it, he looked like he was just about to lose the most important person in his life.

"Spit it out Remus, you're scaring me!" You said crossing your arms.
Remus sat down on his bed and lowered his head.

"You're so amazing- so bloody amazing and I didn't want to tell you because I know I'm going to lose you!" Does he have a girlfriend? You thought to yourself.

"I'm not who you think I am," you frowned at him. "Who are you then Moony?" You asked confused.

He chuckled lowly at the sound of his nickname, if only you knew what it meant.
"Do you know why the boys call me Moony?" He asked, you just shook your head.
"Do you want to know?" You sighed. "What's this got to do with anything?" Remus sighed.

"I'm a werewolf."
Those words echoed through your head. It all made sense now. The reason he disappeared once a month, why it was always on a full moon, why he would be all bruised up and why the boys were always tired after the night out.

"Feel free to run away screaming." Remus said with a broken heart.
"Why would I run?" You asked stepping forward. Remus frowned. "Didn't you hear me?"
"I heard you alright, but why would I run?" Remus didn't know what to say.

"I don't care if you're a werewolf- hell it makes no difference to me." You said sitting beside him. He was at a loss for words. You weren't supposed to accept him, any normal person would run for the hills.

"What I do care about though is those cuts," you said putting your hand on his cheek and examining the wounds. "You should go see the nurse." You said sternly. Remus nodded but kept his eyes from looking into yours.

"Can I ask you something Remus?" You said. He nodded.
"Why haven't you asked me out yet?" You said shyly. Remus chocked on his words for a second.

"I- I was scared you'd hate me once you found out-" you smiled.
"So you do like me?" Remus nodded. "A lot!" He said finally looking at you.
"Good," you said with a smile.

~~~later that day~~~

"So she found out you were a werewolf and asked why you hadn't asked her out?" Peter asked in disbelief. Remus nodded. "Sounds like she's a keeper!" James said happy for his friend. "She definitely is Prongs," Remus said with a smile