James Potter: The Other Woman 5

You ran out of the house, pushing past everyone

You ran out of the house, pushing past everyone. "Y/N?" Mary called but you ignored her as you ran down the street and as far away from the party as you could.

You leant against a wall and tried to catch your breath, you would never do anything like that again, you vowed to stay away from James Potter, no matter what you'd keep your distance from him.

~~~~~~

The next few days you did as you promised and stayed away from James, it was moderately easy because even though you were in the same classes as him, so was lily and he wouldn't dare approach you if she was around.

You sat down at the Gryffindor table at dinner and waited for your friends to get there. "Hey stranger," Remus said as he sat down beside you.

"Hey Remus," you said with a smile, you didn't mean to but while avoiding James you ended up avoiding all of the marauders because they were always together.

"About what happened in the party-" you felt your stomach drop and your palms get sweaty. "What do you mean? Nothing happened!" You said quickly, how did he know about what happened in the kitchen?

"I know that but I'd still like to apologise," you frowned, "for what?" You asked. "For hitting on you," Remus said awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh right-" you said feeling a breath of relief wash over you. "It's fine Remus, really." You said making the boy smile.

"I'm starving!" Peter said as he sat down apposite Remus, followed by Mary and Molly. "Hey gang," Sirius said as he sat beside you, Mary instantly rolled her eyes as she saw him.

You were about to ask her what was wrong when James sat down at the table with you all.

He looked over at you as he sat down beside molly who was already tucking in to her dinner. "Alright prongs," Peter said to his friend, James began to talk with Peter but stopped when you stood up.

"I just remembered i need to to do something," you said as you turned to walk away. "Can't it wait til after dinner?" Sirius asked but you just shook your head before you walked out of the dining hall.

"That was weird," Remus commented. "She's been acting like that a lot lately," Molly said with a puzzled look on her face.

James suddenly fell silent, he knew why you weren't sticking around long and knew why you were acting weird and it was all his fault.

~~~~~~

You were starving after skipping dinner. "Why didn't you finish your food first?" Mary asked, eying you over suspiciously, "I needed to do something," you said quickly.