Sirius Black: Heartache 3

Years had passed since that night, not enough time for you to get over it but enough time for you to live with it, remembering it as a distant memory

It was Friday so you had gone to do your weekly shop, picking up the odd ingredients you needed for whatever it was you were making.

You were a teacher at your old school Hogwarts, you were only covering for a witch that had gone on sick leave but it really was your dream job.

You stopped by at honey dukes, it had been ages since you'd stepped into this shop, the smell of all the delicious treats hit you, you instantly made your way over to the every flavour beans, picking up a box before turning to go and pay.

Instead of walking to the cash register you froze, the man stood in front of you was aged a rather noticeable amount than the last time you had seen him but it was still him.

"Y/N," Sirius said in a tone of disbelief.
"Hi-" was the only word you could muster up. Sirius looked perplexed to see you, clearly he enjoyed seeing your face but it clearly hurt him just like seeing him hurt you.

"How are you?" He asked with a small smile. "I'm good Sirius and yourself?" It seemed so formal to talk to him like this, back then he would of instantly pulled you into his arms and gave a rather passionate display of affection but not anymore.

Sirius looked down to the box in your hands and smirked. "Still buying those things?" You nodded with a smile. "You always did have the worst luck with them," Sirius chuckled as he remembered the countless times you'd spat out one of the jelly beans in disgust after getting horrid flavours.

"I still think you jinxed the boxes!" You said with a laugh. Sirius loved hearing you laugh, he'd missed it ever since that night.

"Anyway what are you buying?" You asked, Sirius held up a bag of jelly slugs which confused you.
"You always used to hate them?" You said but that was when Sirius' hand was taken by another.

"There you are!" A very pretty woman said. "Hi darling," Sirius said quietly.
It made sence then, Sirius was buying those sweets for the woman stood next to him, presumably his wife.

"Oh hello," the woman said turning her attention to you. "Jenny this is-" Sirius didn't know what to call you, he didn't want to say that you were his ex lover. "We went to school together," you said before shaking the womans hand.

"Oh you must tell me what Siri was like back then!" She said excitedly.
"She's busy Jen, another time." Sirius said helping you escape the awkward conversation.

"Oh that's a shame," the woman said, "Siri I'll be by the chocolates when you're ready!" She said before skipping off to find more treats.

"She's gorgeous," you said with a sad smile. "She's-" Sirius wanted to tell you that she was nothing like you, that what he felt was nothing to compare to how he had felt for you but he stopped. "She's something alright." He said as he scratched his hair.

"I better be off, it was lovely seeing you Sirius," you said, he nodded. "It really was," he said back quickly. "See you around siri," you giggled before walking to pay.

Sirius felt his cheeks warm up as he chuckled lowly.

~~~

Sirius excited the shop, the woman he was with had hurried off into the next shop but Sirius stopped for a breath of fresh air.

"Mammy!" He heard a soft voice call, he looked around and saw you bent to the floor as a small child ran to you.
"Look what I got you," you said happily to the small boy. The child instantly opened the box of jelly beans and rammed one into his mouth.

"Ew! Booger flavour!" The boy cried as he spat it out making not only you but Sirius giggle. "Hello love," Sirius saw a man approach you before placing his hand on your waist.

You all looked so happy and Sirius hated it. He couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be stood next to you while you held his child.

Sirius smiled as he watched you walk away with your family, it hurt him so deeply to see you walk away, as much as the first time the two of you parted ways but he smiled because at least now he knew you were not alone and that someone was there to love you, even though it couldn't be him.

•••••

Well first off sorry again for being so inactive and secondly how was this?