James Potter: The Other Woman 6

James stood there for a moment, his hand pressed to his cheek as he watched you disappear into the darkness, he felt terrible and not because of the pain you had efflicted on him physically

A voice in the back of his head told him to run after you but he knew that was wrong, he was with Lily now and you would push him away.

What were these feelings he had for you and why couldn't he stop himself from wanting to touch you whenever he saw you.

James admitted that he had feelings for Lily, they weren't feelings of love yet but he really did enjoy her company where as his feelings for you were different, he couldn't explain them.

When he got back to his room, face still red from your hand, he found only one person awake, Remus.
"Aright mate," Remus said quietly as he didn't want to wake the others.

James didn't reply, her just nodded.
"Can't sleep either?" Remus asked noticing the difference in his friends behaviour.

James shook his head. Remus stood from his own bed and sat at the foot of James'. "Girl trouble?" Remus pressed on, James sighed letting him know that he was right.

"Come on, let's go see if the common rooms empty," and with that the two boy left their room to sit in the empty common room, the fire slowly going out.

"So what's happened?" Remus asked as he put a hot cup of tea in front of James. "I wouldn't even know where to begin Moony," was all James said.

"So I'm guessing Lily's mad at you?" Remus asked solomly.
"Lily?" James paused for a moment, slowly remembering that he was in a relationship with Lily Evans.
"Oh- yeah," was all James said.

"We um- lily and I- we did something really stupid back at that party the other night," Remus nodded.
"And now she's avoiding me and- I think she's upset because I'm with- you guys all the time," James lied to Remus but he couldn't exactly tell him that he had slept with you and now you had feelings for him.

"I'll speak to her tomorrow-" James cut Remus off. "No!" Remus was slightly taken back by James' reaction.
"I mean- no thanks mate, I'll sort it out." Remus nodded as the two of them sat and drank their tea.

~~~~~~

When day light finally came James found himself thinking about you, the look on your face- he just felt sick whenever he remembered how repulsed you were of him.

In fact James spent the rest of the day silently thinking about you. His friends picked up on his moods and tried to cheer him but they failed, he was hurting because he was hurting you.

Finally dinner time came and James sat down at the table, slowly the Gryffindor table was filled, bar from the one spot your friends had saved for you.