James Potter: the other woman

You sat beside Molly at the dinner table, she smiled at you before turning back to staring at Arthur Weasley, they both fancied the legs off of each other but neither would make a move

You sat beside Molly at the dinner table, she smiled at you before turning back to staring at Arthur Weasley, they both fancied the legs off of each other but neither would make a move. You secretly wished you looked at someone like Molly looked at Arthur. You glanced around the Gryffindor table until your gaze stopped on the four boys who called themselves the Marauders.

Peter Pettigrew wasn't really your taste, he wasn't very attractive in your books but you spoke to him during class. Remus Lupin was a decently attractive bloke but he didn't spark much of an interest in you. Sirius Black was a play boy who could excite any girl but you thought of him as a little bit a slag.

James Potter on the other hand was absolutely gorgeous in your books, he was beyond handsome yet he had a sort of boyish charm that you found attractive. "Shame he's in love with Evans." You thought to yourself before continuing your lunch.

After dinner you headed back to the common room with the other Gryffindor students.
You sat on the sofa closest to the fire place, it was your favourite seat because you got to roast next to the fire whenever you were cold.

"Move up," you heard James Potter say as the other three Marauders sat next to you to bask in the heat given off from the open flame. "Sorry Prongs, no room! Looks like you gotta sit on the floor." Sirius said making James smirk. "I'm sure that's your seat Pad foot, since you're more like a dog than me." The boys chuckled but you didn't get what was so funny.

"Oi L/N fancy giving me your seat?" James asked trying to give you puppy eyes.
"First come, first serve." You said with a shrug. "Please," he begged. You sighed. "I thought you said Sirius was the dog? If that's the case then why are you begging like a hungry stray?" You said earning a few chuckled from Sirius, Remus and Peter.

"Just haven't been fed in a while." He said eyeing you up and down.
You averted your gaze back to the fire in hope it would stop your cheeks turning red. James was always a very flirty boy, even in your first year at Hogwarts he was flirty.
"Fine, if you won't give me your seat then at least share it?" James said making you shake your head.

"There isn't enough room for all five of us to sit on here." You said stubbornly, you really didn't want to give up this seat. "Yes there is, you just got to sit on my lap." James said with a straight face, you just shook your head.

"Leave the poor girl alone Prongs, she's not interested on sitting on your lap," Sirius said throwing a wink at you. You fake gagged making James smirk. "She'd rather a bit of Potter over a bit of black any day!" James said cockily.

"I'd rather get trampled by a water buffalo," you teased him.
"Now that's just nasty, you've hurt my feelings." James said sitting on the arm of the sofa, right next to you. "I'm ever so sorry but I can't kiss your feelings better." You said with a shrug. "You could kiss something else," he whispered to you.

Your friends would always comment on how flirty you and James were, your would shrug the topic off and tell them he was like it with everyone, which he was, but not as much as he was with you. Only problem was, you didn't want him to be flirty with you, you wanted him to be smitten in love with you, like he was with Lily who never seemed too keen on him.

Eventually it was time for bed so you got off of the sofa and made your way to the girls rooms. "Goodnight Y/N," Peter said, "Don't let the bugs bite." Remus said as they walked away. "Goodnight boys," you said turning to leave. "If you get scared during the night, feel free to climb in to my bed." James said with a wink.

"I'm a big girl Potter, I'll be fine." You said before going close to him so no one else could hear you. "But if you get cold tonight," you whispered, "Feel free to jump into bed with Sirius." You said before walking away.

"She's too quick for you Prongs," Sirius said chuckling as he walked away. "Whatever," James said before following his friends.