James Potter: Hospital

James was sat in work when he got the call from Remus telling him that you'd been rushed into hospital

James was sat in work when he got the call from Remus telling him that you'd been rushed into hospital. He stood up too quickly, his head going dizy as he did so.

James didn't need to work, he could live happily on his family's riches but he got a job to impress you and stuck at it so you'd think he was capable of looking after you.

James' boss yelled at him to get back to to work, James wanted to turn around and tell the old twat to suck it but he just continued to run out of the door.

He was at the hospital in seconds, mainly thanks to his irrational broom stick driving. When he got through the hospital doors he yelled at the receptionist because she wouldn't tell him where you were unless he could prove that he was family.

"Family?" He bellowed in annoyance. "We're more than family! We're soul mates!" The receptionist went silent, she was both scared and worried that she'd say the wrong thing and worsen James' panic.

"Prongs?" He heard Peter call. "Wormtail? What are you doing here?" James said happy to see a familiar face. "Remus called and told me- come on I'll take you to see her before its too late!" This made James feel 100 times worse.

James ran, he kept overtaking his chubby friend but would have to stop due to that fact that he didn't know where he was actually going.

"In there-" Peter panted. That's when James saw Sirius and Remus looking excited outside your hospital room. "Hurry up mate, don't wanna miss it." Sirius said looking proudly at his friend.

James barged into the hospital room and saw you laying on the bed, legs elevated as a women told you to breath.

"Y/N?" James said breathless, he was so scared in that moment that he was too scared to move closer.
"James-" you panted, your face was torn in pain stricken looks.

"Finally dad's here," the woman huffed out. "Alright dad, come and tell your wife how much of an amazing job she's doing," and that's exactly what he did.

James kissed your forehead as you clenched his fist. "Okay get ready to push." The midwife said over your cry of pain but you did as she said, this went on for what felt like two hours but was actually 30 minutes.

James continued to tell you he loved you and how amazing you were but you just moaned loudly as you pushed with all your might.

"Congratulations," the midwife cooed happily ad she held the baby up. "You've got a very handsome son," she said passing you the crying infant.
The baby calmed as he was in the arms of his mother and in that moment the pain seemed to slip away.

James couldn't stop the tears running down his face as he looked at you and his son, his future. "He's got your eyes," James said through a bunch of tears. "And your hair," you laughed as you looked at the baby's few messy hair strands.