Sirius Black: Surprise

Sirius Black, your long term boyfriend, lover and friend

You knew Sirius very well, you'd known him since you were a child and you'd been through a lot with him but today you got yourself ready to say goodbye to him.

You'd recently found out that you were with child- Sirius's child.
Most people would be over the moon to be carrying a child with a man they loved but you were saddened by it.

You were happy that there was life growing in you, life that you'd created with Sirius but you knew he wouldn't feel the same. Sirius was the opposite of a family man, he hated children, hated his family. He would rather enjoy a life of pleasure and fun, rather than raising a child so you prepared yourself to tell him and leave.

"Hello gorgeous," Sirius said coming from behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you in to him. "Hello Sirius," it was obvious that you were upset, Sirius let go of you and spun you to look at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked willing you to look up at him.
"Sirius, I've got something to tell you." You said calmly, you'd practiced this moment ever since you'd learned that you were pregnant.

You took a few steps away from Sirius, not because you were scared, just this way you wouldn't be tempted to try and cry into his shoulder as you said goodbye.

Sirius frowned at you as he waited for you to continue.

"Sirius I-" you sighed. "I'm pregnant." Sirius's eyes shot open, showing you just how shocked he was. "And I'm going to keep it," you said before giving him a chance to speak. "I understand how you feel- I'm sorry, I really didn't plan this." He was still silent.

You were staring at the floor- the walls- anything except Sirius.

"I'll get my things and leave." You said fighting back the tears in your eyes.

Sirius was still silent and it was killing you.
You wanted him to yell or shout or at least say something!

"Aren't you going to say anything?" You snapped at him, finally looking at him.

Sirius had tears in his eyes and an expression you couldn't quite read.
"I'm going to be a dad," he said looking down at your belly.
"What?" You asked shocked, had you heard him right?

"I'm going to be a dad!" He stepped forward, his feet eating away at the gap stood between you both. He presses his hand on to your belly and smiled at you.
"I promise to do right by you-" he said looking at your belly, talking to your unborn child.

"By the both of you." He said looking at you and pressing his lips to yours in a loving kiss. You instantly kissed him back, both of you letting your tears run as you held each other.

Sirius vowed to protect his child and make sure it was always loved, no matter what.