James Potter: Valentines Day

"Valentine's Day or Saint Valentine's Day is an occasion celebrated on 14 February in both the Muggle world and the wizarding world

"Valentine's Day or Saint Valentine's Day is an occasion celebrated on 14 February in both the Muggle world and the wizarding world. It is the traditional day on which people express their love for each other, particularly romantic love, by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering sweets."

The teacher nodded. "Very good Mr Lupin," she said making Remus smile.
"Now class-" she went on as Peter rolled his eyes. "Lot of bollocks if you ask me," he said causing Sirius to shake his head. "It's possibly my favourite time of year,"

"I didn't know you were that much of a romantic Padfoot?" Remus said with a frown.
"Oh I'm not-" he said smirking. "Then why do you like it so much?" Peter asked confused. "Care to explain it to them?" Sirius asked James.
"On Valentine's Day all you gotta do is send a card to a girl and you're instantly in her nickers," Sirius nodded.

"Really?" Peter asked sounding excited. "That's disgusting," Remus said causing his friends to chuckle. "So you won't be sending any cards?" Sirius asked looking at Remus who tried not to smirk. "I didn't say that," the boy laughed loudly, earning them a scowl from their teacher.

"Speaking of Valentine's Day-" Peter whispered. "What are you getting Y/N?" James froze. "Uh oh," Remus said writing down notes. "You forgot didn't you?" Sirius asked shaking his head.

"Shit!" He cursed, how had he forgotten? "What are you gunna do?" Peter asked, James just shook his head. "I'm screwed- it's our first Valentine's Day as a couple and I forgot!"  Sirius put his hand on James shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
"Don't panic mate, we'll help you." Remus and Peter nodded.

~~~~~~

"Okay," Sirius said standing up, the boys were all currently sat in their shared room, thinking of how James could make this a special Valentine's Day when it was tomorrow.

"What do girls like?" He asked with a piece of paper in his hand.
"Jewellery!" Peter said making them all nod, Sirius scribbled in down on the paper.

"Chocolate," Remus said as he put a piece of the yummy food in his mouth. Sirius wrote down a few more ideas such as flowers and perfume but James wasn't satisfied.

"Okay but I can't just give her a poxy gift and expect it to amaze her," he said sat on his bed. "A grand gesture!" Sirius said loudly. "If I'm trying to get in a girls-" James frowned. "I'm not trying to get into her nickers Padfoot, I'm trying to make her happy."
Remus couldn't help but smile at the words James had said.

"Sorry Prongs," Sirius said before speaking again. "But a grand gesture will work,"
"Oh I got it- take her out for food!" Peter said proudly, it was a pretty good idea.
"That's too average, everyone takes their girl out for food on Valentine's Day," Remus said making Peter pout.