Remus Lupin: Seven Deadly Sins 4

Gluttony

Gluttony

Life was difficult for Remus, you understood this better than anyone because you were with him during every struggle. It was hard for you too, Remus couldn't get a job after the two of you left Hogwarts, nobody wanted to hire a werewolf, it was the cruel reality of the world you lived in but it was the truth either way.

Remus slowly began to give up at trying to get a job, he slowly began to turn to drinking every night, which turned into every day until Remus became an alcoholic. you would come home from work and find him face down on the couch, surrounded by several bottles of fire whisky.

Part of you understood why Remus turned into the man he was today, it wasn't easy for him to be turned away every time he tried to better his life, not only did people refuse him work, they would act disgusted and scared in his presence.

"I'm home," you called as you walked through the front door, there was no welcome for you though, tere never was anymore. you sighed as you walked into the kitchen and found Remus sat at the table with a beer in his hand.

"ouh hey homney," Remus slurred out as he saw you. "This place is a mess." You said as you began picking up the empty beer cans and placing them in the already full bin. "Would it kill you to clean up once and a while," you said, Remus didn't fully understand what you had said, he was drunk.

"Rents due tomorrow," you said as you took your wages out of your purse, you kept a stash of money in a biscuit tin in the kitchen where you kept the months rent mone. "Oh yeaeh." Was all Remus said to you as you picked up the oddly light biscuit tin.

You took the lid off the ti, your voice caught in your throat as your eyes met the empty tin. "What-" you chocked out as you looked in the cupboard in case the money had possibly fallen out. You looked over at Remus and noticed how quiet he was being.

"Remus?" you said quietly, he took a sip of his beer. "Remus what did you do?" you asked, your voice cracking slightly as you spoke. "Look t me!" you screamed at him. "I was out," was all he said to you. "Out?" you asked, a note of madness in your voice as you spoke.

"You didn't leave me any money for drink," he blamed you. "Because I didn't have any money to spare!" you yelled at him. "Get a beatter jub then," he slurred out as he finished his drink. You were shaking with rage as he stood up and walked to the fridge to get another drink.

"You spent all that money?" you said calmly, he just nodded. "You practically poured it all down the drain!" you tried to stay calm. "What are we going to do Remus? That was all the money we had- whereare we going to go when they kick us out for not paying?" you begged him for answers.

"How am I S'pose to no?" he asked. That was the final straw.

You understood that life wasn't easy for Remus, you wished you could help him but he had let Gluttony take over him, control his life and turn him into a sad slither of the man he used to be, the man you once loved.

You said nothing else, you didn't have the energy, instead you turned around and walked out of the front door, it was the last time he would ever see you, he wished he had run after you rather than sitting in that dark, dirty kitchen whil he drank his life away.

Everything in moderation is fine but when you let the sin of gluttony into your life you no longer own your own life.