James Potter: Happy Birthday

James potters birthday was one to celebrate! When you were at school with him he would have a huge party in the common room, ending the night with everyone either passed out drunk or vomiting until early hours but this year he wasn't having a gran...

James potters birthday was one to celebrate! When you were at school with him he would have a huge party in the common room, ending the night with everyone either passed out drunk or vomiting until early hours but this year he wasn't having a grand celebration.

You went to get your first gift, a bottle of fire whisky, James would often show off how well he could handle his liquor by downing a bottle, which usually ended with him spewing his guts up.

You had so many fond memories of James, it had been so long since you'd seen him, years actually.

"Yes those ones are lovely," you said as you picked out the flowers you wanted, James wasn't the type of man to want flowers but you knew he'd love the deep red flowers sat next to rich gold flowers, they would remind him of his quidditch days which the two of you shared on the team.

You didn't think anyone else would be surprising James this year, everyone was terribly busy now that they had there own children and jobs.

You got out of your car, the bottle of whisky in one hand and the flowers in the other, you took a deep breath, your nerves were getting the better of you, 'Get a grip!' You told yourself before you made your way to where he was.

"Hey buddy, miss me?" You teased before you sat down. "I got you something- now before you protest, they're like our gryffindor uniforms, remember?" You laughed out as you positioned the flowers neatly.

"This?" You said looking at the bottle of fire whisky in your hand. "Well this is for us to share!" You said before you cracked it open and began to drink.

You drank a large gulp before you wiped your mouth. "Your turn," you said in a deep sigh. "Happy birthday Prongs," you said before you spilled some of the liquid onto the grass.

The red and gold flowers were a nice bit of colour against the dirty tombstone, it seemed to add a bit of colour to the scene which James always managed to do when he was alive.

You took another large swig of the whisky before you chocked out "Remus is alright," you nodded as you thought of him and his new wife Tonks, "and Sirius is managing!" You said before taking another sip.

"Me?" You asked. "Well I'm the same as last time I came here- works alright- but I'm still missing you prongs," you began to sob. "But don't worry, Harry's doing just fine, we're looking after him buddy,"

~~~~

I am so very sorry for this one