2

There was a loud banging sound....

BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Like someone was banging on a door....

BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Is it a dream....?

BUMP BUMP BUMP. "Open up!"

I groaned; definitely not a dream.

I sat up, my hair a complete mess and my gloves twisted in an unusually uncomfortable manor. I yawned loudly, stepping off the side of the bed and slouched my way to the restroom to grab a hairbrush.

BUMP BUMP BUMP. "I said, open up!" BUMP BUMP BUMP.

"I'M COMIN'!" I yelled back, beginning to run the several bristles through my tangled hair. An occasional pull or tug would cause my to squeak lightly or whisper an 'ow', but nothing too out of the ordinary had happened in the short time I've been awake. The only thing I could say was an unusual was the people at my door. Never- never- had anyone come to my rented room. The owner of the hotel would come occasionally to collect payments, but other than that, this room was only seen by me, myself, and I.

I continued brushing my hair as I adjusted my gloves, making myself at least relatively comfortable.

BUMP BUMP BUM-

"Jesus Christ, I'm right here," I muttered after I finished, walking over and opening the door. "What do you wa-"

"You.... you must leave our town! You're a fugitive- one of the Seven, I mean, Eight Deadly Sins!" Said the man who was in front of the large crowd outside of my door- he was the one who ran the bakery, I believe. I blinked twice.

"Huh?"

"Y-you're The Raven Sin Of Despond, (y/n)!" A woman from behind the man declared, clutching his arm tightly as she pointed accusingly at me. "You must leave our town immediately!"

"Why?" I asked, tossing my brush onto the bed as I looked curiously at the people. I put a hand on my hip, cocking my head to the side in confusion. "I didn't do anything to you."

The man in front looked astonished, as if I had asked the most ridiculous question in the world. "Why? You didn't do anything to us? You're a sin; a criminal; a traitor to the kingdom! You are not welcome here because of your unforgivable betrayal!"

"But I didn't do that," I said, blinking tiredly as I stared. "The Holy Knights lied and framed me and the other Sins for their crimes. Plus, I haven't done anything to any of you. Not once have I interfered in your daily lives or harmed- much less killed- and of the citizens of this Town. I may have gotten in a few bar fights, but I've never done anything worth calling me a treacherous criminal. Maybe just an unstable drunk with an odd amount of strength."

The crowd stood, staring at me in disbelief. It was rather obvious that they heard the truth in my words. Their faces were ridden with serious contemplation, debating my words in an internal battle.

"S-still!" The main protester said finally, hesitating as he stuttered out his demand. "You must leave! We... we can't be associated with you."

I sighed, looking at the group of people. I spotted the kid who had ran into me the other day; he was hiding behind a woman's leg, peering up at me with a mixture of fear and curiosity. I smiled a small smile, nodding slightly before facing the spokesperson.

"Okay. I'll leave," I agreed, shoving my hands into the pockets of my shorts. The group murmured, glancing around and mumbling questions. They all asked each other whether or not they thought I was tricking them. I laughed lightly. "Don't worry, I'm not going to blow up the town or anything- that's not my style. All I ask is that you let me collect my belongings... and not alert the Holy Knights of my presence."