75

"HOW ARE YOU THE MOST POWERFUL?!" Hawk demanded, staring at me with wide eyes, his entire body quivering and sweating. I deactivated my power and huffed at his comment, "YOU'RE LIKE AN OVERSIZED FRIGGIN KID!"

"Rude- and I'm not. Escanor and Meli are way outta my league- Merlin could probably take me too, in terms of sheer power," I responded, "Which is why I don't believe Meli's numbers." I turned to him, "What happened? Are you an imposter?"

"I dunno maybe you should check me out and see," he grinned suggestively and I rolled my eyes.

"What happened to your power?"

"It's the same as always."

I stepped forward and grabbed him by the throat, his eyes widened for a split second, then returned to their usual nonchalant gaze. I'm not stupid, though- I caught it. He tried to dodge, he tried to prove that it hadn't changed- and he couldn't. I tightened my fingers around his neck, glaring at him imploringly, begging him for an answer. One thing was for sure.

This was not right.

His eyes flashed with seriousness for a split second, and my own widened. Something happened. He wasn't at his strongest- nowhere near it- but obviously now wasn't the time to tell the story of why. Much less the time to alert the others of this.

"(Y/N), wait! Please don't hurt Sir Meliodas!" Ellie exclaimed, and I let go of him. I turned around and grinned widely, chuckling in an awkward fashion as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Ah, sorry, my bad!" I grinned, hopping back in line. Meli followed after me, throwing the uneasy princess a wide grin and a wink.

The ceremony was relatively short- and didn't have much of a purpose. King Bartra and the princess presented us with medals, then thanked us on behalf of the kingdom for our protection. He said he now understood that we weren't traitors, and we were welcome at any time, and blah, blah, blah. It was cool, I guess. Not really the highlight of my life or anything, but it was a nice gesture.

We were now standing in the throne room, in front of Bartra and Ellie, who was now in a deep purple dress and looking upset. The King day in his throne, looking troubled as well.

"So why did you want to see us?" I asked expectantly, earning a swat across the head form Meli. I frowned, rubbing my crown as I poured, "What, we're all curious..."

"Well, I must thank you again- personally," he said, "Those were taken have been saved, and those who who still believe wholeheartedly in the previous Holy Knight Grandmaster's cause weeded out. Our capitol is being restored much faster than predicted with the help of you and the Holy Knights, and we are now stronger than ever. Because of what you have done, the ill-omen that clouded over Liones has now dissipated."

I narrowed my eyes. Why do I get the feeling there's a 'but' coming? What am I saying, there's always a 'but' coming. That's how life works for us Sins. Being a hero is exhausting.

"However..."

Aaaand there it is.

It's a curse to always be right- insert obnoxious hair flip.

"The omen of the Holy War has not disappeared, only grown stronger," The King said, his voice deep and full of sadness.

"Omen? How do you know?" Hawk asked, eyes narrowed as he stared at the man.

"Is his power, Vision," I said, "He gets cryptic prophecies and stuff."

"It's accuracy percentage is nearly 100%," added Gowther.

"It regards a kingdom in the South," Bartra said, glaring at the floor. "A beast with the likeness of a mountain shall awaken. Three heroes shall stand against it. Darkness shall bore a great hole in the land."