29

The Holy Knights had retreated after Diane's attack, and we did so as well. I was tired; I hadn't slept in a long time- a week, maybe a week and a half. It was hard to keep track when days were either uneventful or full of excitement. Although, I guess that's how it always is with the Sins. Because of my drowsiness, I didn't really remember the walk back to the Boar Hat. I might've even fallen asleep during our traveling a few times.

When we all got back, we healed up, collectively helping each other patch up our wounds. Although, I did most of the work since I was the only person in our immediate group who had healing abilities. It wasn't great, but everyone felt better afterward.

We decided that we should train in the morning. The closeness to defeat we had felt was undesirably small, and none of us liked it. If it weren't for Diane's giant crush on Meli, we probably wouldn't have made it out. We needed to improve- get stronger, faster, used to fighting again. After that collective decision, we all headed off to bed, save for Hawk, who had passed out after having his various burns healed.

Ban had passed out almost immediately after his head hit the pillow. Saying that I was tired would be an understatement; I was practically a zombie as I changed into the oversized t-shirt I wore as pajamas. I usually went a few weeks without sleeping, but the excitement from the past couple of days had exhausted me more than I cared to admit.

I was apprehensive to go to sleep, even though I was nodding off. My eyes closed longer each time I blinked, a euphoric relief spreading over my body each time I did so. I was going to have a nightmare- I always did.

My bodily needs got the best of me, and I couldn't help but pass out.

• Dreamland •

I was sitting in a room. It was small, and made entirely of earth. There was a magical power radiating from it, coming from every direction of the box I was in. My guess is some sort of containment spell? It couldn't have been more than ten feet long on each side, and it was a little bit shorter in terms of height. I knew immediately where I was- an underground cell in the jail portion of the Castle of Liones. I also knew that I was dreaming. That didn't stop the unsettling feeling from creeping up on me, making me shiver in discomfort.

I had shackles on. Large, enchanted metal cuffs that wrapped around my ankles, wrists, neck, and waist. Chains webbed our around the room, securing themselves tightly to the wall on large, metal plates. I tugged curiously at them, only to yelp out as a searing pain shot into my wrists.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I recognized the voice, which came from across the room. A doorway had appeared in the dirt, as if it had been there the whole time. King stood in the doorway, hovering as he sat with his legs crossed on his pillow.

"King! Oh, it's good to see you! Where are w-"

"Shut up," he snarled, causing my eyes to widen in surprise. His voice was cold and harsh, an underlying hatred clearly evident. "You have no right to say my name."

"What are you-"

"I said shut up." He growled, glaring daggers at me. "I don't know why I even associated with a criminal like you."

"King, I don't understand. W-what do yo-"

"You killed people! My people! Diane's people! Everyone's people! You're a monster. You hear me? A monster. Figures you were part of the demon clan all along...."

"K-King...." I whimpered.

"I hate you, (y/n). I hate you and your people and everyone and everything associated with you. I hate myself for considering you a sister. You are an abomination. A mistake."