13

There was silence following Guila's likely demise, a nice, peaceful silence. However, it was short lived. There was a loud shout coming from the opposite direction of which the Holy Knight was taken down, right behind where King was hovering.

"Heeeeeey!" Hawk shouted, trotting toward us with Elizabeth on his back. Once he reached the group, he looked around seriously, examining the area. "Man, you guys sure made a mess of this place... Are you hurt?"

"Nope, we're all good," Meli smiled, turning to the two.

I jumped at King, tackling him in a hug. We continued to float, but he almost fell to the ground at the unexpected action. King and I had been friends for a long time. He was the one who first recruited me to the team, and, in the beginning, was the kindest toward me. What I had done to gain my 'sin' wasn't exactly something people accept right away- and I understood that, of course! I guess it was kind of disheartening to be in a group of criminals and still being seen as a bad person. But after a year or two, everybody warmed up to me; first coming Diane, then Meli, Gowther, then Escanor, Merlin, and finally, Ban.

"That was so cool, King! You're the man!" I laughed, smiling broadly as I squeezed him tighter. "It's awesome to have you back!"

"It's good to see you too, (y/n)," King smiled, awkwardly trying to pry me off of him. After a few more moments of the hug, I let go, still smiling like an idiot.

I turned toward Ellie and Hawk, my bright gaze softening lightly. "So, are you o-"

My question was cut off by a slight rumble from behind me. I whirled around, seeing Guila rising from the rubble, covered in bruises and cuts. She launched herself at King, thrusting her rapier in his direction as an explosive formed at its end.

"King," she growled, smiling crazily. "At this range, even if you defend yourself with the spirit spear, neither you nor your teammates will come out unscathed."

My automatic reaction was turning toward Meli, who was previously next to me. However, he was no longer there; he was in between Guila and King, and had defended King from her attack using his ability, Full Counter.

"I believe it's the other way around," he said smugly, smirking at Guila. Her entire body began to be enveloped in an explosion.

"No..!" She shouted, her crazed tone still maintaining as she stared at the sin in disbelief. "NO!"

The large explosion blew her away, and her presence disappeared. I could no longer sense her presence or magical power anywhere near us- which most likely meant throughout the entirety of the Capitol.

"Her presence is gone.." Hawk muttered, "she died."

"That was anticlimactic," Ellie spoke, staring at where the explosion once was. I smiled at the subtle joke. I glanced over at Ban, but took a double take, and stared at him.

There was a cluster of the yellow particles that floated through the sky hovering next to him, and he seemed to be muttering something to it. For a split second- just as I realized soemthing was off- I thought I saw the girl he was chasing after standing where those particles were.

Of course, before I could investigate further, Hawk distracted me by squealing loudly.

"What's wrong, Hawk?" Diane asked, staring down at the pig.

"MY EAR'S GONE!" He shrieked, staring up at his ear as best he could. I stared at him for a moment, looking for the missing ear. Sure enough, his left ear was completely gone.

I tried to contain a laugh, bringing my hand to my face. It took me a moment, but I realized my hand was gone as well, and my arm was beginning to disappear.