3

"Diane?"

"No way! It really is you!" The giant exclaimed, lifting me up and hugging me against her cheek. I wrapped my arms around the side of her face, in my own, small greeting.

"I can't believe you're really here!" I said brightly, looking up at her from my new perch in her hands. I muttered quietly to myself, "so that's why the attacked the village..."

"Yeah! And Captain's here too!" She said excitedly, cheerily smiling. My eyes widened.

"Meli's here too?!"

"Yeah! He and Princess Elizabeth found me- they're trying to find the whole team so we can take down the Holy Knights!" She explained, beginning to walk through the streets of the town. A few townspeople stared up at us supsiciously, but didn't do anything. "I can't believe we really found you! I haven't seen you in, like, fifteen years!"

"I know," I said happily, jumping lightly from her hand to her shoulder. She rested her hand back at her side, continuing to walk in the direction of Baste Dungeon. "So, I'm guessing you guys are here based on the rumor that Ban's in the prison?"

"Yeah," She hummed, stepping over a small food booth on the outskirts of the village. I used to tease the booth-keeper all the time by pretending to steal loaves of bread; he hated it. "A Holy Knight that we ran into said he was locked up here."

"So I guess it must be true, huh?" I asked, and she nodded. We were now moving along a dirt path that was carved out in the ground, moving swiftly toward the Dungeon. I grinned, "Y'know, I'm wanted for organizing it now."

"Organizing what?"

"The whole ordeal that happened ten years ago," I chuckled, shaking my head slightly. "The Holy Knights are saying that 'they acquired new information regarding the murder of Holy Knight Grandmaster Zaratras' that says I 'was the sole organizer of the plan'." I put air quotes around what I was (loosely) quoting from my wanted poster, talking with an over-exaggerated British accent to try and sound 'official'. Diane looked astonished.

"Why did they only just throw you into the mix now? I mean, it's been ten years." She said, turning around a small hill. "And you 'organized' it?"

"I know, crazy, right? I think they did it because there were rumors going around about the Sins getting back together. I'm sure they knew it was true, and figured they should make sure everyone knew about me, the 'mysterious eighth sin'. The villagers went and kicked me out of the town today- that's probably what the Knights wanted because they assumeed you were coming here next," I explained, watching a shepherd and his son cross the road. Diane stopped, waving at the little boy as he passed. "I guess they wanted to get as many of the sins as they could out of the way before we regrouped. Fat load of help that was."

We both laughed, and Diane continued forward now that the man and his son had crossed safely. It looked as though she was just about to say something, when there was a loud ringing sound, like a bell, but much louder.

Diane disappeared, and I seemed to be suspended in mid-air, right where I was on her shoulder. I immediately jumped down from the invisible perch, scanning my surroundings for any signs of a magic user. She couldn't have just disappeared because she wanted to.

I reached for the whip I had secured beneath the cloak, unhooking it from its place on my belt, where my hip was. As I rested my hand on the durable leather, a loud voice echoed.

"I am Ruin, Holy Knight and member of the Weird Fangs. You, the newly discovered eighth sin, (y/n), will die by my hand- as will the rest of your comrades," The male voice boomed, coming into view as a large, armored giant. He was the same size, if not taller, than Diane, and was holding a large stick with circle at the top that had a bell in the center. That must've been what I had heard! His mask was a female face, and the rest of his armor was rather basic, except for the long skirt that covered his lower armor. Cross-dresser...?