27

"(Y/N)! Wake up!"

My eyes snapped open, and I shot upward. I was panting heavily, looking at my surroundings frantically. It took me a moment to calm down and realize that I was no longer in the middle of a fight, and to dismiss the weird dream I had.

'I love you, (y/n)...'

Ban's voice echoed in my head, causing me to grow increasingly pink. I chuckled quietly, pinching my cheeks so that the embarrassment disappeared and was replaced with a stinging feeling. Of course I dreamt of something stupid like one of our Christmas parties... and of... that... happening.

"You're awake! Good!" Hawk's voice snapped me out of my trance, and I looked over at him. He had the shirts of both Ban and Meli in his mouth, with a miniature princess sitting on his snout, and was looking over at me. When did him and Ellie get here? "King took out those two bastards!"

I looked over, seeing King hovering over Guila and Jericho's bodies, which were laying on the floor, immobilized. How long was out for? Geez... it couldn't have been more than five- maybe ten- minutes.

I chuckled, recalling my previous fight. Boy, am I a dumbass. "That's what I get for trying to go easy on them."

King floated down, and landed next me. He helped me up, then shooed Hawk and Ellie away. Ellie waved, "Be careful Sir King, and La- uh, (y/n)!"

I waved to them with a grin, then began to brush off my clothes as he spoke, "You know, you can't show mercy to everyone. Especially if they're trying to kill you."

I laughed, "They weren't exactly strong. I thought I could take 'em out using only a fraction of my powers, but I guess I underestimated them. It was buying time for Ban and Meli- but clearly it wasn't useful." I glared in the direction of where Hawk ran, carrying the two Sins, subconsciously cursing them for not taking advantage of my stalling. King chuckled and I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly.

"You were always the nicest one of us," he smiled, then turned to the two girls with a frown.

"Says you," I snorted, following him as he floated over to the Holy Knights. I cocked my head to the side. "You didn't kill them?" Then I smirked, "You can't show mercy to everyone. Especially if they're trying to kill you."

"Ha. Ha. They could have some useful information. It's not mercy," he clarified, landing on the ground and putting his Chastiefol in its spear form. Guila groaned, shakily raising her torso as he clutched her head. King's voice hardened, "What were you really after? This attack was an attempt to divert our attention from your real goal, wasn't it?"

He sighed, not hearing a response from the Explodey-Knight. I crouched down, poking Jericho's cheek, as King continued to speak. She was still unconscious. "You should've seen this coming- you didn't really think you could win, did you? You Holy Knights could never defeat us..."

"Your friend's fight disproves that," she spoke, tilting her head in my direction. I looked at her with a monotone stare, not giving her the satisfaction of one of my usual reactions.

"I wasn't trying very hard to defeat you two. The only reason I fought you at all is because I was stalling so that Meli...odas and Ban could escape," I said, causing her to grow lowly. "I could've easily defeated you two had I payed attention to them and realized they weren't getting up any time soon. Especially your friend, here," I poked Jericho again, "Is she new?"

"Shut up! You Sins will fall to us," she grinned, "The Holy Knights will utterly annihilate you."

"Yeah, yeah," My voice rang with sarcasm and nonchalance, since I wasn't really paying attention. Jericho was getting up, so I stopped poking her cheek. She glared at me, I smiled back. "We've gotten threats for our demise plenty of times from the Holy Knights. They've been trying to track us for the last ten years. Emphasis on trying."