47

• Third Person •

Everyone in the Boar Hat sat, watching intently, waiting for Meliodas to answer. He seemed to know the most about the situation at hand, but even he seemed to be at a loss for the reason. While you and Elizabeth picked the discarded pints in the background, the Sins (and Hawk) stared intently at their both official and unofficial leader. Their curiosity was cut short when they heard a voice.

"Because she is the last key to releasing the seal." It was feminine, so quite obviously a woman, and had a snarky, almost condescending feel to it. She sounded quite young as well, although, not much could be gathered from her voice alone. Everyone whirled around in shock, only to be greeted by a most unsettling scene.

As they had assumed, there stood a female Holy Knight. She had a crimson dress on, which led to a metal brace that went up her neck. Her skin seemed to be purple in the only place it was revealed, her chest, but that may have been part of the costume- none of them knew. Her mask was made up of two hands, wrapping around the metal helmet that covered her face. There was a dark opening, where she could see through, but nobody could pinpoint her eye within the darkness. She had either of the women in her arms. She held Elizabeth's arm within her left hand and your unconscious body was floating near her right. Your head was slumped forward, and your entire body hung limp. An unidentified purple gas swarmed around your head, it was what they assumed was keeping you unconscious.

Ban and Meliodas immediately reacted, snarling at the sight of their beloveds being held within the grimy paws of one of the Holy Knights. They both had the exact same thoughts running through their heads. Not again. I can't lose the person I care about most again.

"ELIZABETH! GET AWAY FROM HER!" Meliodas snarled, pouncing over the bar counter as fast as he could. Ban followed close behind, leaping from his seat and toward the Holy Knight. He just needed to reach you.

"If you so much as touch her," he growled lowly, extending his hand out toward you. You were right there, almost within his grasp. All he had to do was move forward and you were safe. Safe within his arms.

But that didn't happen. The unidentified Holy Knight grasped both you and Elizabeth, then snapped her fingers. The three disappeared, their bodies splitting into strips of color and shapes before completely vanishing. Ban's hand wrapped around where you were moments ago, only to be left without you in his hands. He and Meliodas both stood there, silent as they processed what in the hell had just happened.

Elizabeth... she took Elizabeth... Meliodas though, staring at the floor as darkness flooded his mind.

I just got her back. I just got her back, Ban thought, pain whipping through his body.

"FUUUUUUCK!" They both screamed at the same time, bursting through the door with dangerous speed. The others had no time to react, for the scene had played out in just a few moments. For the two Sins, however, it had felt like a painful eternity.

"Captain?! Ban!! What happened?!" King demanded, bursting through the door after his comrades.

"I am not certain," Gowther responded, following the Grizzly Sin outside. "However, that was quite an advanced teleportation technique. The user appeared and disappeared at precise locations at a moment's notice. This is no ordinary mage."

"Guys?! What's going on?" Diane asked, startled by the violent outburst.

"We're going to the kingdom," Meliodas snarled, "Right. Now."

"They took (y/n) and Elizabeth!" King shouted, and Diane's eyes widened in shock. Her best friend was gone... again? Not only that, but so was Elizabeth? "And Captain, the Kingdom is at least 40 miles away! How are we going to get there?!"