99

"Sheesh, this place has really gone to shit..." 

I grumbled as I walked into Liones, the front gates crumbled and smashed to pieces. There were homes, hotels, and shops that had been destroyed, broken down. Bodies littered the streets, soulless and pale, the color gone from every inch of their bodies. Demons floated around, engaging in battles with who I assumed were Holy Knights. 

I hummed, stretching out and leaning to either side. My back and hips cracked, not used to the exertion anymore. I groaned out, sighing as I bounced up.

I looked around, seeing several demons engaging in battle, or floating passively, looking for victims. Extending an arm up, I pointed my index finger upward. "Inferno- Spear Hoard."

Dozens of huge spears of fire shot up from my fingertip, two charging at every demon in the surrounding area. Their hearts were pierced all at once, the demons choking on their blood as it spurted from their mouths. They all collapsed to the floor, red and grey demons alike. 

A few last attacks were thrown from their opposers, but they stopped as quickly as the demons fell. I groaned, shaking out my hands. I really am out of shape...

It had been a week since I had woken up. The aching and moaning in my bones had stopped, and I was pretty much fully healed. I had four hearts left in my body, a pleasant surprise. I didn't think I would be so rejuvenated after such a devastating blow. I was at the best I was going to get, I just needed to get back in my groove. A few fights and magic uses, I would be back at it.

King was right, though, this place as trashed. They had done a number on the kingdom, for sure. And I thought it was bad after the Hendrickson fight. This was a whole different ball game of cleanup. I would not want to be part of the crew responsible. 

I wandered down the street, looking down at people who were sprawled across the cobblestone roads. The poor Holy Knights and citizens who had their souls robbed of them, not even given a chance to fight back against the Ten Commandments and their demon lackeys. I'm sure each and every one of them fought back to their last moment, but they were robbed of a true chance to challenge them. 

I approached the castle, getting closer and closer to the clusters of magical presences. Two Commandments and a Sin were nearby, fighting off to the side. There were another two Commandments, two Sins, and several Holy Knights in the castle. 

"Hm," I said, looking up at the elevated platform where the castle was. Where there was usually a huge, stone-walled castle, there were jagged formations of ice. My eyes flickered to the side, where two Commandment auras disappeared with the snap of the finger, while the Sin's power only grew. It seemed Escanor had taken out two of the Commandments- permanent or not? We'll see.

I jumped up, looking around. Hovering above the formations was the form of Merlin, hot and revealing as always. Below her was Ban, Hauser, Gilthunder, Jericho, Hendrickson, and several other Holy Knights. The castle was gone, turned to dust beneath their feet. Merlin's doing, no doubt.

I beamed up, waving my arm exuberantly. "Yo, Merlin! I didn't know you were back!"

She looked down, eyes widened for a split second before she smiled, floating down to meet me. She raised her hand and a small vial disappeared. She pulled me forward into a hug. Somewhat unexpected, but accepted gladly. 

"Welcome back," She hummed, and I smiled, hugging her back before she pulled away. She never stayed on one thing for too long, especially when it came to interactions with others. 

"You're as revealed as ever," I smiled, " It seems you like having your body back."

"Why not show your assets off when you have them?"