26

The battle started off with Guila and Jericho attacking together. The two Holy Knights had me cornered- both of them stood on either side of me, rather confident in their chances. I knew I was screwed by this point- either I kill them or not, and the first is off the table. I just hoped this would give Meli and Ban enough time to escape, or, you know, just survive in general. They both simultaneously went in for a joint attack.

"Heavenly Bomb Feild!" They shouted together, as the attack initiated. (Just a quick a/n, I completely made this attack up lol. I just wanted there to be a power move to start it off, and there wasn't a canon one that I could find :/) Guila created several small masses of flame, bombs, and Jericho attacked with her sword to simultaneously activate and strengthen the blast radius, strength, and overall destruction of every bomb as they all detonated.

Purple demon markings appeared on my face, wrapping around my eye and framing my left cheek. My eyes shifted from their usual (e/c) color into a deep purple that matched Jericho's.

"Purgatory Containment," I muttered, causing the hellfire version of my usual attack to come into existence. Purple flames surrounded me in a box, condensed flames that were strengthened by the use of my Sacred Treasure and demonic abilities. After the sounds of explosions stopped, I ceased the protection so that my flames vanished. Jericho's eyes widened, seeing me untouched.

"What? How are you not dead?" She growled, charging toward me with her sword. She jumped upward, with her sword prepared to impale me. I grinned sadistically, snapping my whip so that it wrapped around her waist. I slammed her into the ground, then dragged her toward me, wrapping the durable leather of my weapon around my forearm and elbow so that it's size condensed, bringing her closer. She stood in front of me, struggling with as she glared defiantly at me.

"Sweetie, you don't mess with the Sins who get serious~" I purred, the purple markings writhing against my skin. They extended, returned to my skin, then outstretched again. I assumed that, accompanied by my sadistic grin, gave me a rather scary appearance.

"(Y/N), I'd appreciate it if you released her and allowed our real battle to commence," Guila's voice rang out, causing me to look back at her with a raised eyebrow. I dropped Jericho with a loud thud, and she scrambled away, grabbing her sword and preparing to fight again. Guila stopped her. "Now, now, Jericho. This is why you study, like I recommended. While it is uncommon for the captain of the Eight Deadly Sins to use his demonic abilities openly, you seem to be perfectly fine and unaffected by the influence of the demonic realm and it's power. Well, most of the time... It's very interesting- not many people live to tell the tale of either of your powers."

"So you actually read up on me," I grinned, the demon markings on my face vanishing. "I'm impressed. However, I don't plan on using the abilities of my race. I just wanted to scare Jericho back into her place. I'm confident that I can beat the both of you without using it for anything other than healing."

"Now that is where you've made your mistake," Guila grinned, and I stepped out of the way in time to dodge Jericho's attack. She slammed her sword down so it made contact with the ground. She growled, whirling to face me. She swung and I blocked, tightening my whip between my hands and making sure her sword didn't touch me. "Jericho is a very skilled swords-woman. She is one of the best in the Reactors- possibly better than me. I, on the other hand, will play the role of support in this battle. Chain Explosion."

Several of her small bombs appeared around me and Jericho as we fought a particularly unfair sword fight, considering I didn't have a sword, but a sword fight all the same. I made sure to dodge the bombs every time she attempted to push me into one, but failed to notice that they would explode on their own.