30

• Third Person •

Small knives charged toward Ban, swarming him from above and making it near impossible to counterattack his assailant. He easily dodged, winding through the various strikes, occasionally jumping or flipping backward. He swayed gracefully among the barrage, making it seem as though it were child's play.

King hovered above, controlling the attack patterns and area of effect that his Chastiefol's Increase had. Ban was always the most agile of the group, save for maybe you, so the Grizzly Sin had no doubt that Ban would be able to dodge the attack. He was simply warming him up, attempting to get him back into the groove of battle.

King had run out of knives, and in a half-assed final blow, he manipulated the single knife he had left and sent it surging toward Ban. The man flipped backwards, eyeing the weapon. He threw his leg out, his foot making contact with it and sending it flying back at its controller. King stopped it just before it made contact with his nose, staring stoically at his training partner.

"Are you taking me lightly, King?" His crimson-eyed opponent asked, eyeing him, causing the boy to scoff quietly. "Act like you're trying to kill me."

"Trying to kill you, huh...?" King muttered to himself, floating down as his sacred treasure changed back into its usual spear form. He landed lightly on the earth of the clearing they were training in, an area within the woods the Boar Hat had stopped near. He raised his voice so that his comrade could hear him, "And how am I supposed to kill an immortal such as yourself?"

Ban smirked, "Even if you can't kill me, you can stop me from fighting. Like how you turned me to stone, or whatever, that one time." He paused, reaching around to his back and pulling out the two knives that had slashed into his left shoulder blade. His voice became more serious, "The wounds that Holy Knight- Jericho- gave me didn't heal. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever had (y/n) heal me."

"Your wounds didn't close? Interesting..." King commented, then narrowed his eyes at the man. "And (y/n) healed you?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Nothing," the boy shrugged, "Just curious."

It takes a lot of energy and magical power for her to do that, since that's not what the power is meant to do. It is a demonic power after all.... King thought. And she healed everyone after we got back too... No wonder she was exhausted... That and she's been out of the game five years longer than any of us have.

The boy hadn't noticed, but he was staring directly at Ban, eyes narrowed with concern. Not for him of course, but for the girl curled up in a bed that was not her own, sleeping peacefully for the first time in who-knows-how long.

"What do you want?" The Fox Sin asked, noticing quite quickly that something was bothering the boy before him.

"You're not your usual self, Ban," King responded, looking at him with suspicion. "What's wrong? It's like you're thinking of something."

The man zoomed behind him as a response, catching the fairy king off guard. He grabbed his head, flinging him backward at a tremendous speed, heading straight toward a large rock formation.

"I just want to crush the Holy Knights and take back the kingdom as soon as possible, that's all," Ban smirked, seeing King barely stop himself before making contact with the boulder. "Is that a crime?"