23

Hauser and Diane stood in the ring, staring each other down intensely. Hauser had an eerie smile on his face, like he was enjoying this a little too much. Diane looked serious. She just wanted to win and get this over with.

The Holy Knight she was facing looked to be contemplating something. He had said before that this was the first time in a while he had been able to get serious in a fight against someone- which doesn't sound great, but I'm sure Diane can handle him pretty easily.

"Move if you don't want to die," he said suddenly, before extending his arm towards the Serpent Sin. She barely had time to widen her eyes when a large whirlwind ejected from his palm and surged in her direction, flying toward her in a hypnotic spiral. "Whirl Shock!"

Diane shrieked as it hit her, most likely in shock, the crowd gasping and cheering. When the smoke cleared, Diane was standing there, her hair sticking out every which way and her cheeks puffed out. The entire lower half of Ellie's shirt had been demolished, and the skirt was half gone.

"That scared me..." she muttered, smoothing out her hair, seeming annoyed.

Hauser shoved him hands into the ground, grinning wildly. It seemed that he had lost all sense of reason- not a good thing for a Holy Knight to do, especially at a fighting festival where civilians could get injured. Winds started to whirl, and I could feel it strongly, even from the audience. I raised my hand to my face, protecting my eyes from my whirling hair and cloak, so that I could still see the battle.

"Super Cyclone!" Hauser shouted as the tornado- or cyclone, as more accurately said- formed fully. It encompassed the entirety of the ring, raising so far upward I couldn't see its end. Debris from Meli and Ban's fight was brought up, and I could barely make out Diane struggling to stay on the ground. I could hear Diane scream as she flew off the ground, and Hauser shouted victoriously. "It's my win!!"

"Heavy Metal!" Diane shouted, but her voice was somewhat quiet because of the roaring winds. Hauser looked at her in shock, but I couldn't make out his features exactly. Diane's now metallic body fell with incredible speed, easily resisting the winds of Hauser's attack. She slammed downward knees first, landing on Hauser's torso.

The cyclone instantaneously halted, all the winds ceasing. Diane stood, panting over Hauser's fallen form. He looked like he was in a lot of pain.

"WOW! HAUSER IS COMPLETELY DOWN! THE WINNER OF THE FIRST ROUND OF THE SEMI FINALS IS MATRONA!" The announcer shouted, after Diane immediately rushed to Hauser's side.

"Oh, my god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" She asked, worried. "I lost my self control and got serious for a minute... god, I'm so stupid!"

They exchanged a few words I couldn't hear, and I had to reach forward to halt King. I held the hood of his clothes as he scrambled forward, face beet-red.

"DIANE! GET AWAY FROM HIM RIGHT NOW!" He shouted in anger, and I smacked him lightly upside the head. It still snapped to the side viciously.

"You're not supposed to say her name, jackass!" I hissed, seeing Diane stand up and retreated from Hauser's form. She turned around and said something quietly before rejoining our group again.

"Sorry, Elizabeth..." Diane muttered once reached us. "I totally ruined your clothes."

"Oh, no! It's fine!" Elizabeth's small form said. That's right- I had completely forgotten. Meli was holding onto her because she had shrank, just as Diane had. "Are you okay looking like that?"

"Me?" Diane asked, looking down at the clothes before waving her off. "It's fine."

I practically tackled Diane in a hug, grinning widely. "You're awesome!" I cheered, "I had almost forgotten how cool it is to watch you fight!"