28

"Hey bitches," I called, cracking my knuckles as I addressed the two Holy Knights. They both turned to see me relatively unharmed, and their expressions contorted into ones of surprise. It seemed as though they thought I was out of commission when they saw me healing Ban. "I don't think you know what your talking about."

"Shaddup~" Ban's voice came from behind me. He was stumbling up, nearly collapsing as he appeared at my side. "Let's just kick their asses."

"You should be resting!" I growled, puffing out my cheeks as I repeatedly knocked my fist against his head. I was careful to be extremely gentle with the playful attack. "You aren't completely regenerated yet!"

"Ban, you bastard!" Jericho's voice was seething, "Those wounds I gave you shouldn't have healed!"

"I healed 'em, jackass," I retorted, not looking away from the Fox Sin by my side. "I swear, I am like your babysitter!"

"Pretty sure it's the other way around," he snorted, then turned to the two girls, who were preparing to attack. He flicked my fist away, leaving me to cross my arms and roll my eyes at his seemingly never ending stupidity. "Now let's kill these assholes so we can go back to the tavern and drink."

"Is alcohol all you ever think about?" I huffed, turning to face them as well.

"Mmmm, pretty much."

I laughed, then snapped my fingers, glaring in the direction of our previous assailants. "Playtime's over, Knights. Blaze Storm."

I made sure to hold back on the overall power, since I didn't want to kill them yet. Ellie, Griamore, Hawk, and Princess Veronica were all still here, not to mention I have no idea where Meli is and Ban's not doing so hot on the energy part of this fight. In case one of my attacks was too widespread, I didn't want to kill anyone who didn't deserve it, even though I wouldn't mind if I accidentally hit Ban right now.

The small fireballs rammed into the girls, sending them flying backward at an impressive speed before they even knew the attack was coming. They flew into the ground, their armor steaming and their visible hair and skin singed. Ellie was sobbing hysterically, calling out for Meli as she clutched Veronica's barely alive form.

Damnit, damnit, damnit!

I can't leave Ban to deal with them, cause he'll get his ass kicked again. He can't heal the wounds they inflict on him either, which is a major problem, especially since his trump card is usually his immortality. Veronica needs healing too, though, and everyone else needs protection. I'm the only capable fighter here- well, the only person who can fight off these two for an extended period of time.

"Ban," I spoke, firmly deciding that I needed to make sure the princess and Griamore don't die. "Hold 'em o-AGH!"

My sentence was cut off by a loud explosion. My initial instinct was Guila, but I didn't feel a fluctuation in her magical power. It was a different type of power. An ominous power.

A demonic power.

I whirled toward the overwhelming magical presence was, finding Meli, standing in his demon form. He stood in front of the two princesses, staring blankly out across the clearing where we all stood. His expression was unwavering, and his eyes were now a deep purple that matched Jericho's. Purple demon markings wrapped half way around his bare torso and face.

"Ban..." I growled, taking a defensive step back. He was still behind me, and I could tell without looking that he was looking at our captain as well.

"I know," he muttered back, not moving his gaze.

There was a movement, and I immediately stepped protectively in front of the Fox Sin. Meli was still in his place, but now held a dismembered hand, which held his broken sword. There was a scream; it was Guila. He had taken her hand. He tossed it to the side, and my eyes widened as he raised his arm upward, preparing to strike.