91

I'm so pumped cause these next few chapters are what I've been looking forward to since the beginning of this story. Like the idea I had for this festival is what made me write this story, that's how exited I am.
It's also gonna be sad so like get ready for that. And Ban's gonna realize he's an asshole soon so don't worry

•••

"Ladies and gentlemen of all races and species! Welcome to the biggest waste of ti- I mean, the Fighting Festival!"

Ellie pulled away from me at the shout, and I turned my head toward the person who had spoken. I raised an eyebrow, surprised that I didn't recognize.

There was a figure, wrapped completely in vines except fro his head. He was the one who had spoken. He had long, pinkish hair and the signature deep purple eyes of a demon. His skin was pale, and he had the ears of a fairy. He reminded me vaguely of the tales of the original fairy king, Gloxina.

Next to him was only what I could describe as the giant of all giants. He had four arms, and was muscular beyond all belief. On the upper two, there were metal bands of black gold and silver wrapped around his biceps. He wore loose shorts, held up by a belt made up of human-sized skulls. There was a large pieces of fabric that was draped over his face.

They very clearly had the power levels and auras of members of the Ten Commandments. It seems that I'm finally meeting the two who had replaced Aranak and Zeno.

"First," the fair- I'm assuming- said, "we are going to-"

"Wait! We've got a few questions we want answered first." A short man dressed in all grey and black spoke. I rolled my eyes as he spouted nonsense about not being convinced. I turned back to look at Hawk and Ellie.

"Ellie, Hawk," I said, causing them both to look at me. "I want you two to make sure you're near one of the Sins at all times. I'd prefer that it wasn't Meli."

"What? Why?" she asked, clearly confused.

"Yeah, isn't Meliodas the strongest outta you guys?" Hawk huffed, "He's the best person to be with."

I scrunched up my face in complete confusion, "Has he... not told you guys what we're up against?"

They both looked at each other, then looked away. Hawk looked to the side and chuckled awkwardly, and Ellie looked to the floor and shuffled her feet. I deadpanned. What was that idiot thinking?

"Well he told us they are called the Ten Commandments... and they're powerful," She said quietly. I was waiting for her to continue, but when she didn't, I slapped myself in the face.

"Oh, my god, he's an idiot," I grumbled, then looked at her. "Ellie. I don't mean to scare you, but even with his power restored, every one of the Ten Commandments is almost double his power level. Some of them are triple mine. Not to mention, they're like ten times the power level of everyone else at least."

Her eyes widened, and Hawk squealed, "What?!?"

"Guys, these are just about the most powerful beings in Britannia, other than the Goddesses and the Demon King himself," I looked at her, "And they have a very intense grudge against Meli."

"Oh, my god..." She mumbled, covering her mouth and looking at the floor. I can't believe that guy is still rambling, and they haven't killed him yet. I grabbed her by the shoulders and made her look at me. Tears pricked at her eyes, and she looked terrified. I smiled at her.