11

"Greetings Dragon Sin of Wrath, Meliodas; Serpent Sin of Envy, Diane; and Raven Sin Of Despond, (y/n). I am Holy Knight Guila," The Knight said, continuing to walk toward our group. Meli hovered protectively in front of Ellie, who stood next to Hawk.

"Just... just now she said she got here by dying," Hawk whimpered, moving further behind Ellie. "Does that mean she killed herself to chase after Elizabeth and the Sins?"

"That's what it looks like," I growled, reaching for my whip. My eyes widened as I felt my hip- there was nothing attached to my belt. I internally cursed myself, remembering that I had carelessly left it on the bar counter in the Boar Hat. Whatever- with three sins here, there's no way she could beat us.

"Lord Meliodas..." Ellie muttered, gripping his shoulders.

"Stay back, there's something off about her..." he replied to her, reaching for the sword hilt he carried.

"If I must die for the sake of capturing four members of the Eight Deadly Sins, then my life is worth nothing more than that of a pig's." The Knight said, unsheathing her rapier.

"What do you mean 'nothing more than a pig's', you swine?!" Hawk shouted, stomping his hoof as he huffed loudly, walking in front of me. "C'mon, tell her, (y/n)! There's something wrong with her!"

"Yeah," I muttered, moving my left foot back and putting my hands up in fists. "Something's very wrong..."

"You sense it too?" Asked Meli, and I nodded. There was definitely a demonic power inside of her- one that didn't seem natural.

"Huh...?" Hawk asked uncertainly, looking at me. The Knight raised her rapier.

"Hawk! Get out of the-!" My shout was cut short by a large, sudden explosion. I caught Hawk as he flew backward, holding him under my arm. Meli was holding Ellie by the arm, barely preventing her from flying backward.

As soon as the winds caused by the explosion ceased, I dropped Hawk. He ran backward, squealing as he stood next to the princess.

"Hawk, take Elizabeth and run as far away from here as you can get," Meli said seriously, holding his hands up in fists as well. Both Hawk and Ellie nodded, Ellie hopping onto Hawk's back as they began to travel away from us.

"Stay safe, you three!" Ellie called before she disappeared behind a large crystal with Hawk.

"That's probably impossible," Guila smiled, pointing her rapier forward at us. A large ball of energy appeared at the edge of her sword and shot toward us. I dived out of the way, rolling to the left. Diane stepped of the side as well, but Meli wasn't as lucky. He got hit head-on and got sent flying into a nearby crystal. I growled, shoving my hand toward the knight.

"Purgatory Containment(3)!" I shouted, drawing a square around Guila's figure. Flames emitted from my fingertip, tracing the shape I had made. I shoved my hand forward again, causing the shape to grow larger and become three dimensional. It encased the knight in a fiery cage, trapping her for the moment. "Diane!"

"Right!" She responded, shoving her hands into the ground. "Ground Gladius!"

She said the words that activated her power, doing the motion to activate it as well. The large crystal formation shot out of the ground, striking the cage at full force. The cage exploded, followed by the Gladius formation. I felt something hot make contact with my stomach, expanding as soon as it touched me.

I hissed as I was sent flying, followed by Diane. I fell onto a platform of crystal, making large trench in the floor where my body dragged. I growled as I came to a stop, immediately launching myself toward the Diane to rejoin the fight.