38

(A/N: Everything that happens up until Elizabeth gets captured by Vivian is not canon. I just needed another event for my angst torture ;) Enjoy!)

We had arrived in Belford early in the morning, and by that time, my booze-induced headache, as well as my slight hangover, were almost entirely gone. It seemed that only Meli, Ellie, Hawk, and I were prepared to start the day, because the other three sins didn't seem too keen on celebrating our arrival with anything but sleep. I had to admit- it was kinda nice. I got to make my own breakfast (as well as some for Ellie and Hawk- that perv can suffer his own cooking) and hang out with the princess for the first time in a while. Obviously we didn't talk about anything too interesting, it was mostly just us getting to know each other. Fun fact: we had the same favorite color, (f/c).

It was really fun, actually- having such a quiet morning. Even Hawk kept his volume down and enjoyed the serenity of the morning.

"WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM?!"

Well, I guess it was pretty serene until Ban and I got into an argument.

"YOU'RE AN IMMATURE TWAT! THAT'S WHAT MY GODDAMN PROBLEM IS!"

As far as an explanation goes, I'm sure you're curious. When the other three sins had (begrudgingly) joined us, Meli explained that we needed to go out and get some information. Clearly, Ban and Diane we're out, since they were the most recognizable from their pictures. King didn't want to go, and Meli and Ellie had to man the bar. So, he said it was pretty obvious that I would be the one to 'take on the job', or whatever. I was best at discreetly getting information in the group, save for Merlin, who would just read someone's mind or extract the information straight from their subconscious- no interaction necessary.

For some reason, that asshole- who, by the way, has had no civilized conversation with me for three or four days- didn't want me to go. I'm stubborn. He's stubborn. The other Sins would be entertained. It was basically the perfect formula for an argument to escalate way out of proportion. And so, here we are outside, yelling our brains out.

"WHAT THE HELL DOES MY MATURITY HAVE TO DO WITH MY ABILITY TO GATHER INFORMATION! I'M LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES OLDER THAN YOU!" I seethed, my forehead pressed angrily against Ban's.

"YOU STILL MANAGE TO ACT LIKE A GODDAMNED TWO YEAR OLD! SO I'M GOING!" He retorted loudly, his fist clenched around the point where my cloak connected at my clavicle.

"YOU'LL GET SPOTTED, YOU NARCISSISTIC ASSHOLE!"

"AS LEAST I WON'T GET INTO A BAR FIGHT OR KILL SOMEONE!"

"WHO IN THE HELL SAYS I'LL DO EITHER OF THOSE THINGS?!"

"YOU'RE TRACK RECORD DUMBASS!"

"WHAT TRACK RECORD?! I'VE BEEN PASSIVE THESE PAST FIFTEEN YEARS, DICKWAD!"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A DICKWAD, ASSHOLE?!"

"YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!"

"Guys, maybe you should-" King's voice came from beside us, nervous and somewhat uncomfortable. However, he was cut off by us both simultaneously shouting.

"SHUT UP!"

"YOU'RE NOT FUCKING GOING!" Ban immediately resumed the argument, cutting off the insult I was about to spit at him. My face was flushed red in anger and from the exertion of the loud exchange.

"YES I AM!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!"

"WHO ARE YOU, MY FUCKING DAD?!"

"NO, I'M SOMEONE WITH HALF A GODDAMN BRAIN!"

"YOU DON'T MAKE THE DECISONS, ASSHOLE, MELI DOES! SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO YOU'RE CAPTAIN!"