62

"Rising Meteor!"

There was no pause before the battle begun. No halt to assess the situation or truly absorb what we were getting ourselves into. No way to judge Hendrickson's strength by investigating his magical power levels. No hesitation before the chaos and bombardment of powerful attacks that came from our group, which went surging toward Hendrickson. We simply began.

A pillar of rock formed under Hendrickson's body, sending him surging upward with crippling speed. I had no doubt that he was flattened against the star-shaped attack, his body being pressed down against the earth with threatening force.

"Spirit Spear Chastiefol: Form Eigh-"

King was about to attack as well, but a large, purple-black covering was forming above us- no doubt an attack of Hendrickson's. The annoying part about him having demonic powers isn't that he's super strong- it's that almost every single one of his attacks can fRiGgIn kIlL uS. There was a large explosion, Diane's pillar crumpling and King's words of attack being cut off. It hit each Holy Knight, knocking any that could still move into unconsciousness and possibly killing those who were already gravely injured. Everyone standing had pretty much been knocked down- including us Sins. Hell, even I was forced to the ground by the sheer force of the blow.

I grit my teeth as my body crashed into the ground, panting as I placed my arms in front of my face in an 'X', my knees curled to my chest in a sitting fetal position. When the attack concluded, my arms had been ripped to shreds, scratches and gashes tore into my arm, nearly reaching bone as far as I could tell. Demonic markings appeared as I stumbled up into a standing position, healing the wounds and recouping some of my lost energy. Somehow, that attack felt much more draining than any of his other ones.

Almost everyone around me was on the ground. Diane and King didn't look like they were going to get up- similar to the Holy Knights who had gathered to help us. I felt a tinge of guilt stab at my heart. They had come to help us- and they may have risked their lives doing so. Jackass was healing, Gowther was nowhere to be found, and Meliodas was standing in front of Ellie, who was laying on the floor, injured. He fell face first, unable to move anymore.

Well shit.

"Your existence is a threat," Hendrickson spoke calmly, although I'm sure he was addressing the captain and not me. "Be consumed by the darkness that swallows even the void of the night."

Small blobs of darkness appeared once again, forming with small pops around Hendrickson's general area, snaking toward Meli as they did so. Once they got a good five feet away from his body on all sides, Hendrickson closed his open palm into a fist. The small blobs flew together above his hand, forming an orb almost the size of Meli's body as a whole. The words of his attack left his demonic body, his voice devoid of emotion and absolutely terrifying. "Dead End."

"Meli-!" My voice hitched as I tried to move toward him, pain erupting all over my body so that I collapsed to the ground once again. I gasped for air as I stared at the dream couple, who were both tattered, bruised, and beaten. Meli's life flashed before my eyes as the large orb was sent flying toward his body. My eyes widened, and I tried once again to move forward- to do anything- but my body stayed frozen solid, unable to move or help or protect in any way. Therefor, I did the only thing I could.

I screamed.

"MELI! MOVE- PLEASE!" I cried out, fists clenched and eyes screwed shut. "GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Let Elizabeth die to save yourself.

I hated that that was what I was saying. But- as much as I like Ellie- Meliodas means more to me. And I won't let him die to protect her.