61

• Third Person •

Across the field, the Sins has collected together, everyone trying, with difficulty, to recover from the tremendous hit that had just been dealt. Not only that, but Hendrickson seemed absolutely unfazed by anything that had occurred- whether it be previous attacks or the damage you had dealt beforehand. He stood before them, black dots of demonic energy with the horrifying potential to kill anyone, or anything, they touch, spreading across their skin with impressive speed and torturing each of their cells as it murdered them without remorse or bias. The last second or two of their life would be ones of extreme and unimaginable pain- a burning and unholy death. Five of the six sins present were still recouping or trying to manage Hendrickson and assess the situation, while the sixth tried to defend the defenseless Holy Knights of Liones- attempting to protect them from the murderous orbs of the demon by countering it with her own demonic abilities and protecting them. However, you had found yourself in a tricky situation, now having been hit by one and attempting to not die from its power.

Your scream echoed loudly in the field- a scream which was seldom heard, even by your companions, which had been by your side for a considerable amount of time- although, only a small fraction in the grand scheme of your 3,000+ year life. Still, nevertheless, you were not one to scream- even if you felt immense pain. After those 2,964 years, you had been irregularly pain tolerant- even compared to Sins like Ban and Gowther.

Your scream very quickly caught the attention of three men- who all swerved their heads to find where it was originating from. All six of their orbs widened immediately, and without needing to consult one another or even spare a glance, they rushed over to your side. The girl who you had protected stared at you in horror- for you had truly just given up your life to save hers. She couldn't believe it. She thought you were just saying that to make her feel better. The girl, absolutely terrified and feeling extremely guilty, rushed to your side as well.

"Lady (y/n)!!" She shouted, alarmed and terrified for your wellbeing. She had learned much about you from a short, but knowledgeable interaction with Holy Knight Guila. You were her favorite Sin by far from the story she had been told- and even after slaughter of all of those Holy Knights, her friends. In fact, she looked up to you even more after that. How could one person be so powerful? She knelt by your side, already feeling anxiety swirling in her core as tears pricked at her eyes. "Lady (y/n!! Lady (y/n), please get up!!"

Your screaming hadn't ceased, and your skin was blackening with tremendous haste as the demonic power came into effect. As soon as Scarlet had knelt by your side, the three men came rushing over, all staring down at you, horrified.

"Fuck!" Meliodas shouted, unsheathing his sword as he stared down at you. His face was in a grimace- he could only imagine the agony you felt, if you had such a severe reaction. He raised his sword up, thoughts whirling. If he cut it off in just the right spot...

I can't believe I let her go... I'm such an idiot! He cursed himself, momentarily deterring his focus from his goal of stopping the spreading, Hasn't she been through enough?! And now, because she was bent on fighting Hendrickson and protecting the Knights and I gave into her, she might die!

King stared down at you with wide eyes. What was happening..? He wasn't as versed in the attacks of demons as you and the captain were, but from what had happened to the few Knights who had been hit, and how you were reacting, it was quite obvious that it was not good. He couldn't move- his entire body had frozen as he stared at you and the unfamiliar girl leaning over your screaming form. The only word that could escape his lips was a small mumble of your name, "(y/n)..?"

Now Ban... Ban was a unique case. For while Meliodas felt that he was guilty, and King was filled with tremendous dread- Ban absolutely knew this was his fault, and a feeling of despondence he had never felt- nor understood- washed over his mind in a wave of realization.