93

So uhhh this was gonna be a filler chapter, but like nah. Get ready y'all

All of the Sins surrounded the mage, whose name I learned was Gilfrost. Both Elaine and Ellie were with us as well, staring into the orb, where we watched Meli's fight as it was happening. He was faring well on his own, rendering either of them immobile at a time so it remained as I one-on-one fight. It was smart, especially considering he was against two of the Ten Commandments.

We had all been silent, but Gowther broke the tense air. 

"The captain is using a formidable strategy," He thought out loud, "Although considering his reestablished power, it is the best way to play to his strengths."

"I don't think so," King said, "He's got his power and he's in that demon form. He should be overwhelming! The way he's fighting is almost sloppy. It's like he's cutting corners."

That's because he is. I don't know why, but he's stalling. 

"Either way, it seems he knows those Commandments well," Escanor mumbled.

"They said it themselves, didn't they? That one Commandment called Cap'n the backstabber of the demons." Ban added.

"Well, I suggest you don't talk of things you don't know about," I said, "Meli is still Meli, what has happened in the past doesn't change that. Even if it's coming back to bite us in the ass right now."

"I agree!" Diane chimed, "I don't know him very well, but that Meliodas guy seems really nice! Just like Harlequin!"

She doesn't know him very well..? Huh? And what's with calling him Harlequin?

"Well, as they say, the enemy of our enemy is our friend!" Gowther said, holding up his signature peace sign.

"Meli is our friend no matter the context," I spat, glaring at him. He cocked his head to the side.

"You seem upset by my statement. Did it offend you?"

"You offend me."

"I don't believe that's was an answer to my question."

"Ugh, whatever," I grumbled, turning away from the group and turning around and running a hand through my hair. I walked to the edge of the roof we were atop of, sitting on it. I stared out, making sure to pay as much attention as I could to the magical presences of Meli and the Commandments

It wasn't difficult to pinpoint them. They were three powerhouses in one location, all extremely strong and going at each other to the best of their abilities. I payed attention of the presences, watching to see who died or got severely injured. 

"Hey, hey, how you doing?" I heard as someone sat next to me. I found Hauser, grinning as he got situated. "It's your favorite cute idiot."

"Oh, come on, you know I didn't mean the idiot part," I snorted, leaning my elbow on my thigh. 

"But you did mean the cute part?" He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. I simply winked in response, and he laughed. "You got pretty worked up back there."

"Yeah, I guess," I sighed, looking out over the kingdom, which was almost completely rebuilt. "I just don't like when they talked about that stuff."

"I get it," He said, "I don't like when Gil talks about my hair gel."

I rolled my eyes, "You know that's not what I mean."

"Yeah, you're just prettier when you smile," he said, and I laughed, nudging him with my arm. 

"Oh, my, I'm swooning already," I grinned, leaning my head on his shoulder. I sighed, closing my eyes and humming. "Don't get too comfy, though, I come with a lot of baggage."